Baldurs Gate The Original Saga Doesnt Install

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to BioWare's Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast expansion pack.
A Needy Peasent
Baldurs Gate The Original Saga Doesnt Install

Postby A Needy Peasent » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:05 pm

My problem here is that no matter what I try, Baldurs Gate wont install on my computer.

I currently use an XP computer, and its more than good enough for it to run. I have it set to the correct settings in properties, in Windows 95, yet it still wont work.

Now, the problem itself is that when I insert disk 1 the installation screen comes up without a problem. But when I click install, it disappears and nothing at all happens. The only notable thing is a loading hourglass symbol that appears by my mouse cursor, but it eventually disappears.

So, does anyone have any advice on this?

CFM

Postby CFM » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:49 am

I run BG in WindowsXP (SP2), without the Windows95 settings in Properties.

Did you try running it without the Windows95 settings, Peasent?
Why is it that whenever I finally get around to playing a new game for the first time,
I feel like playing Baldur's Gate for the second time...

A Needy Peasent

Postby A Needy Peasent » Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:30 am

Nope, it didnt work for Windows XP, neither any of the other modes. But maybe I did it worng, as I set the auto install and setup to XP only. Is there some better way to do it?

Or do I need to try to run the game through the admin password?

galraen

Postby galraen » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:08 am

I suggest you either post a request for help in the Tech Forum, or ask a mod to move this thread there.

The only thing that occurs to me is there could be a compatibility issue with some of your drivers, either graphics or sound.
[QUOTE=Darth Gavinius;1096098]Distrbution of games, is becoming a little like Democracy (all about money and control) - in the end choice is an illusion and you have to choose your lesser evil.

And everything is hidden in the fine print.[/QUOTE]

wise grimwald

Postby wise grimwald » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:46 am

I don't know if this is the way you tried to install, but add/remove programs under control panel seems to work better than the standard way.

A Needy Peasent

Postby A Needy Peasent » Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:46 am

Interesting... I tried your idea with adding the game guy above me, but when I clicked run, it instantly froze and wouldnt respond so I had to close it.

I have also found that the CD works fine on another computer, so its something with my computer thats the problem.