I don't see Dwarf Fortress, The Guild series, Space empires series, Constructor, Conflict series..? and MANY more avaliable on the list, so i call BS on that poll. DF beign the only understandable absence, since it's made by one man and not yet finished.. Still having more players than most 'big ones'.
edit : For the love of... I see some silly flash games on the list AND 591250920 megaman games(!!!!
), and core tittles missing?
In short, the list is very limited. I see a "suggest new tittles" button.. I guess i'll spend some time adding my picks there.
I bet Resident Evil 4 will win for.. here's the kicker.. it's scary
Or possibly FF 7 for the biggest dose of emoing in gaming history (still an awesome game and i'll vote for it)
Just like some cartoon douche was named the greatest villan in gaming history a while ago...
The problem beign that most people didn't play many games enough to have seen more than a few of each genre. That's why Average Joe will enter the site, see the front page (with 50 that are already top) and pick most of the 25 from there, adding only a few he may know and are not top. Myself, looking at page FIFTY i see awesome, epic and legendary tittles, with only one or two votes.
Tremble and despair.
edit : Oh, look, RE4 is 9th already
edit : Anyone who knows me : Imagine if i voted for icewind dale 2, nwn 2 and oblivion
At any rate, if our brave and honorable forum members don't mind, let's post our lists HERE aswell
1. Dwarf Fortress - For a milion reasons, which would fill ten posts.
2. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn - For endless replays and Irenicus beign badass
3. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - For THE best storyline ever made
4. X-COM: UFO Defense - For people who played it for the first time
5. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - For 1500 pages of journal and obliterating cities
6. Hearts of Iron II - For amazing replayability and possibilities
7. Rome: Total War - For best large scale tactical system
8. Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares - For perfection in genre
9. The Temple of Elemental Evil - For beign able to solve every quest in five ways
10. Age of Wonders - For the BEST storyline in strategy games. For SIX differend possible endings.
11. Thief II: The Metal Age - For.. i'm sorry, i cannot describe it the way i want
12. The Guild 2 - For beign unique in every way
13. Aquanox - For unique world
14. Resident Evil 2 - For T-Zombie, windows and many more
15. Jagged Alliance 2 - For beign simple and complex at the same time
16. Dungeon Keeper 2 - For unique world
17. Space Empires IV - For beign THE strategy sandbox. Sandbox incarnate.
18. Unreal - For beign the mile stone in FPS history
19. Mount & Blade - For amazing combat system and sandbox as an RPG
20. Dominions 3 - Insanely complex and open strategy game. Also insanely overpriced, thus not known to almost ANYONE.
21. Final Fantasy VII - For complex and amazing storyline and great characters
22. Constructor - For unique options, dark setting
23. Conflict: Desert Storm - For the best squad managment at its time, and tanks
24. Mass Effect 2 - For perfectly filling storyline between parts 1 and 3, and for option to make everything go bad
25. Dungeon Master - I admit, the last one i picked cause of sentiment
I'll probably switch some position near the bottom tomorrow.
[url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/baldurs-gate-ii-shadows-of-amn-9/guide-to-tactical-mods-spoilers-116063.html#post1068546"]BG2 tactical mods guide[/url]
What? You're still here? Go write a review![url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/rpg-user-reviews-118/"]Here[/url]
Insane Ironman BG2 let's play! [url="http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=81201.msg2140894#msg2140894"]Here[/url]