National pride is hard to come by

Anything goes... just keep it clean.
Fiona
National pride is hard to come by

Postby Fiona » Thu May 18, 2006 11:48 am

Ashen

Postby Ashen » Thu May 18, 2006 11:55 am

Which part exactly? That he still likes Eurovision? Um ... I'll be watching tonight :angel:
[color="Plum"]And He whispered to me in the darkness as we lay together, Tell Me where to touch you so that I can drive you insane; tell Me where to touch you to give you ultimate pleasure, tell Me where to touch you so that we will truly own each other. And I kissed Him softly and whispered back, Touch my mind. [/color]

Vicsun

Postby Vicsun » Thu May 18, 2006 11:58 am

I had forgotten about Eurovision. Why did you have to remind me?

He sure does take Eurovision seriously.

I hope he loses brutally. He seems like the kind of person who'd cry himself to sleep if he loses badly enough, and there's nothing that warms my heart more than a heartbroken Eurovision performer.
Vicsun, I certainly agree with your assertion that you are an unpleasant person. ~Chanak

:(

Ravager

Postby Ravager » Thu May 18, 2006 11:59 am

Never heard of him...though that doesn't surprise me. :p

Fiona

Postby Fiona » Thu May 18, 2006 12:00 pm

@ Ashen

Um this?

My song harks back to old-fashioned family entertainment

there'll be the visual of schoolgirls dressed in traditional English uniform which will be remembered," he says.

Sampson reveals they are planning an eye-catching stunt to rival Bucks Fizz's skirt-ripping moment in 1981, when the UK won.

:laugh: :laugh:

Ashen

Postby Ashen » Thu May 18, 2006 12:07 pm

Oh that? Totally flew over my head but that's because I've seen his video, laughed my head off and crossed him out. I though you must have meant something else. The guy ... well let's say I doubt he'll do well.

But you haven't seen a thing if you haven't seen the Finns this year - burning animal flesh, satan's wings, rubber masks etc - the guys are a hoot! They should be tonight in the semis.

ES lost it's appeal in the musical department years ago but I still watch. It's tradition, every now and then there's a good song but most importantly one - I get to see all my friends in one place watching it with me and two - we have so much fun laughing at least half the time and cheering for someone half the time ... and getting annoyed at the winner half the time (yes, yes 3/2s but hey). It's fun :)
[color="Plum"]And He whispered to me in the darkness as we lay together, Tell Me where to touch you so that I can drive you insane; tell Me where to touch you to give you ultimate pleasure, tell Me where to touch you so that we will truly own each other. And I kissed Him softly and whispered back, Touch my mind. [/color]

Fiona

Postby Fiona » Thu May 18, 2006 12:10 pm

Ashen

Postby Ashen » Thu May 18, 2006 12:11 pm

Yup, those guys :)

Darzog

Postby Darzog » Thu May 18, 2006 12:13 pm

I don't think you're really understanding where this guy is coming from.

Eurovision is obviously a big deal; it's at least as important as the Olympics with the same calibur of talent required to win. Which is why he pins his hopes of doing well to dressing his backup singers in schoolgirl uniforms.

How can you not respect his level of dedication to his singing craft and the level of talent (or multiple talents as the case may be) required to compete?

Aztaroth

Postby Aztaroth » Thu May 18, 2006 12:14 pm

Yay for us Finns -.-

When I first heard that Lordi was going to represent Finland, I laughed my ass off.

When I heard they're getting good ratings over there, I laughed my ass off harder.

When I heard they might make the finals, I asked quite loudly and several times, What the hell is wrong with you people???

Has anyone actually HEARD them? They're music is repetentive, though some of it is... ok. I don't really like them, and I think they've only gotten this far because of those stupid costumes
Scribbles: http://vorgoeth.deviantart.com/
[align=center][size=1]Thoughts: [url]https://vorgoeth.wordpress.com/
[/url]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it[/size][/align]

Ravager

Postby Ravager » Thu May 18, 2006 12:20 pm

[QUOTE=Aztaroth]Has anyone actually HEARD them? They're music is repetentive, though some of it is... ok. I don't really like them, and I think they've only gotten this far because of those stupid costumes[/QUOTE]
I've heard of Lordi...at least some countries seem to be capable of picking people to represent them that have been heard of before (by some :p )

Vicsun

Postby Vicsun » Thu May 18, 2006 12:26 pm

[QUOTE=Darzog]I don't think you're really understanding where this guy is coming from.

Eurovision is obviously a big deal; it's at least as important as the Olympics with the same calibur of talent required to win. Which is why he pins his hopes of doing well to dressing his backup singers in schoolgirl uniforms.

How can you not respect his level of dedication to his singing craft and the level of talent (or multiple talents as the case may be) required to compete?[/QUOTE]

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not :(
Vicsun, I certainly agree with your assertion that you are an unpleasant person. ~Chanak

:(

Fiona

Postby Fiona » Thu May 18, 2006 12:28 pm

[QUOTE=Vicsun]I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not :( [/QUOTE]

How unkind :( :p

Ashen

Postby Ashen » Thu May 18, 2006 12:29 pm

[QUOTE=Ravager]I've heard of Lordi...at least some countries seem to be capable of picking people to represent them that have been heard of before (by some :p )[/QUOTE]

Well this is an interesting issue. I mean honestly how many of us actually know people from the old Eastern block? Zero to one band probably and that all together. If you for example listen to popular Russian bands/singers these days there are some rather good things there but they don't really pass the border now do they? Same with the others.

Ravager

Postby Ravager » Thu May 18, 2006 12:31 pm

[QUOTE=Ashen]Well this is an interesting issue. I mean honestly how many of us actually know people from the old Eastern block? Zero to one band probably and that all together. If you for example listen to popular Russian bands/singers these days there are some rather good things there but they don't really pass the border now do they? Same with the others.[/QUOTE]
Ah well, I just know people who know of these bands and tell me about them... :p

Aztaroth

Postby Aztaroth » Thu May 18, 2006 12:36 pm

[QUOTE=Ravager]I've heard of Lordi...at least some countries seem to be capable of picking people to represent them that have been heard of before (by some :p )[/QUOTE]

Indeed... but I asked have you heard Lordi, not have you heard OF them... you can hear their freakdom.

Oh, but I am proud to be a Finn now.
Scribbles: http://vorgoeth.deviantart.com/
[align=center][size=1]Thoughts: [url]https://vorgoeth.wordpress.com/
[/url]
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it[/size][/align]

Ravager

Postby Ravager » Thu May 18, 2006 12:41 pm

[QUOTE=Aztaroth]Indeed... but I asked have you heard Lordi, not have you heard OF them... you can hear their freakdom.

Oh, but I am proud to be a Finn now.[/QUOTE]
Okay, I'm not sure if I have heard Lordi, maybe I have...
And besides, there's plenty of freaky metal bands out there...

Darzog

Postby Darzog » Thu May 18, 2006 12:42 pm

[QUOTE=Vicsun]I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not :( [/QUOTE]
Yes, it was sarcasm. Highlighting both his inflated sense of how important this competition is (UK National Pride is uniquely tied to this one singing competition) and the fact that he goes on and on about how other people aren't talented, but his claim of why his performance will be so great is only due to the visuals of his backup singers.

Ravager

Postby Ravager » Thu May 18, 2006 12:44 pm

[QUOTE=Darzog]Yes, it was sarcasm. Highlighting both his inflated sense of how important this competition is (UK National Pride is uniquely tied to this one singing competition) and the fact that he goes on and on about how other people aren't talented, but his claim of why his performance will be so great is only due to the visuals of his backup singers.[/QUOTE]
Meh. Not that many people listen to the Contest...and if there was a real interest, maybe England would have an actual worthwhile entrant for once... :rolleyes:

Ashen

Postby Ashen » Thu May 18, 2006 12:47 pm

Yeah well if more people watched we'd probably have better music all round but it is how it is. Ta ta guys, am off to see the show, it's almost 9 :D