TToEE could have been one of the best games of all times. The battles have been really fun, thanks to the complexity and faihfulness of the original P&P abilities. Unfortunately, it suffers from huge problems:
- Total lack of any story at all. Theres little enough storytelling in the first town, and after that point it pretty much dies out completely.
- Riddiculously bugridden. For example, once I hit level 10, I tried getting back from the temple to grab the smith. Well, I couldnt get into town because theres riddiculous lag if you try to. Or I used teleport(!) to finish the timed quest in the end - and the game still claimed I was still TOO SLOW !!! LOL !!!
- The interface was truely awful. For example, countless times I lost a round in a battle because I had klicked some item on the ground that I didnt / couldnt even see, and the character would run there and pick that item up, even if I just wanted to run there and actually attack. Why is the same key used for both movement and picking up stuff ?!? I mean in some battles there have been tons of stuff lying around and it was really close quarters, it was very annoying.
- They went so extreme with the NPCs that they are simply useless. The wizard for example grabs all spells, so why would anyone want to have him in their party ? Also they would steal from the hard earned money, slow down the xp progression, had bad stats etc.
- Absurd strictness in following the original rules and no way to disable them. And why did we get an ironman mode that doesnt even follow the rules anyway ?
- Quite frankly I dont get how you're supposed to win against that one demon near the end. It was like CR 24 or something like that. According to the rules, you are simply supposed to lose. You wouldnt even gain xp anymore from this encounter if you did it in PvP. Only way I could surive was using bugs.