The 'Official Away Thread' - Post Your Vacations Here

This forum is for discussion between the GameBanshee moderators.
Maharlika

Postby Maharlika » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:20 pm

Hadn't had internet access since that tropical storm hit Manila.

Just glad the floods never reached our house.
[color="DarkRed"]"There is no weakness in honest sorrow... only in succumbing to depression over what cannot be changed."[/color] --- Alaundo, BG2

Brother Scribe, Keeper of the Holy Scripts of COMM

[url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/speak-your-mind-16/"]Moderator, Speak Your Mind Forum[/url]
[url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/speak-your-mind-16/sym-specific-rules-please-read-before-posting-14427.html"]SYM Specific Forum Rules[/url]

fable

Postby fable » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:32 pm

Back. -Sorry to hear about the floods affecting you, Mah. Hope everything is okay?
To the Righteous belong the fruits of violent victory. The rest of us will have to settle for warm friends, warm lovers, and a wink from a quietly supportive universe.

Maharlika

Postby Maharlika » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:33 am

When many of my country men would end up on the roofs of their houses (yes, even rich families from some posh villages were not spared), your slippers would just get wet if you step outside our house. That's how lucky and grateful we are. Our area was very much spared.

For these people, it's just like losing their properties and possessions due to fire... except that their stuff are laid inutile not in ashes.

A number of them lost loved ones too. :(

The amount of rainfall in just one day was equivalent to a month of rainfall. That's how bad it was. Some places that would never get flooded would get flooded big time.

That morning I had to take my toddler-nephew and his mom to the doctor. We were half-way through when we decided to turn back since there were flooded areas practically everywhere! It took us 4 hours to get back home. Luckily we were using our 4x4 Isuzu Trooper hence I was able to brave through waist deep roads. Otherwise we would have been stuck somewhere. It was kinda surreal for a driver since there was no more order in traffic direction. Vehicles are using the "wrong side of the road" just to be able to avoid flooded sections.

Electricity was cut in our area too for quite some time. And when it came back, there was still no internet connection and our cellphone lines were not efficient.

It was a humbling experience. I had to process my son that it was more than just a day with heavy rains all through out. I had to make him realize how lucky he was that he didn't go through what the others did.

We ended up helping out in giving relief goods in our area.
[color="DarkRed"]"There is no weakness in honest sorrow... only in succumbing to depression over what cannot be changed."[/color] --- Alaundo, BG2

Brother Scribe, Keeper of the Holy Scripts of COMM

[url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/speak-your-mind-16/"]Moderator, Speak Your Mind Forum[/url]
[url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/speak-your-mind-16/sym-specific-rules-please-read-before-posting-14427.html"]SYM Specific Forum Rules[/url]

fable

Postby fable » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:49 pm

Glad to hear you and yours came through it okay, Mah. That sounds pretty traumatic for all concerned.
To the Righteous belong the fruits of violent victory. The rest of us will have to settle for warm friends, warm lovers, and a wink from a quietly supportive universe.

fable

Postby fable » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:11 am

I'm going out of town, today, and will be back late tomorrow night. If you could keep an eye on my forums while I'm gone, I'd appreciate it. Xandax and Buck will be available for all your banning needs. :)

Xandax

Postby Xandax » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:18 pm

I'll be away for the christmas holidays from the 22.12.2009 until some time the 29.12.2009

I might be able to check in once in a while - but for your moderating needs please contact one of the others :)

Happy holidays.
Insert signature here.

Aqua-chan

Postby Aqua-chan » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:17 pm

Yours truly will be out for a few days doing some away-business for work. If you guys would kindly look out for my forums, I'd be right grateful. ;)
[SIZE="1"][color="Pink"]"There are worse things in the world than serving the whims of a deadly sex goddess." - Zevran[/color][/size]

Xandax

Postby Xandax » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Sitting on the ferry using hotspot - I'll be back in about 12 hours and ready to kick again - although I have managed to issue one ban using EDGE (no 3 coverage where I was living) mobile phone connection :)
Insert signature here.

fable

Postby fable » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:08 am

I will be away starting later today, Thursday, until Monday morning. Xandax and Buck can take care of all your banning needs. :)

C Elegans

Postby C Elegans » Fri May 14, 2010 2:14 am

Finally, I am leaving the worst ****hole in the world, AKA Los Angeles. :) This however means some time with no internet. From 15-23 May I'll be in Tokyo and then I have internet but I'll be working a lot. 24 May-5 June I'll be in Bejing, Ulan Baator and the Gobi desert, the latter definitely without internet. 6-11 June I'll be working day and night in Hong Kong, so I will probably not be able to moderate my forums until I'm back in Sweden the 11th June. I rely on Dottie, as usual.
"There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance." - Hippocrates

Moderator of Planescape: Torment, Diablo I & II and Dungeon Siege forums

C Elegans

Postby C Elegans » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:30 pm

Now I'm in Ulaan Baatar and I have better internet here than I had in LA. Tomorrow it's off to Hong Kong, so from now I should be able to check my forums.
"There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance." - Hippocrates

Moderator of Planescape: Torment, Diablo I & II and Dungeon Siege forums

mr_sir

Postby mr_sir » Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:53 pm

I'm going on holiday on Monday 7th June for a week and will not have internet access. Can people please just keep an eye on my forums? They are pretty quiet so there shouldn't be much of a problem.

mr_sir

Postby mr_sir » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:22 am

I'm back now. Thanks to everyone who watched over my forums :)

mr_sir

Postby mr_sir » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:40 pm

I'll be away again from tomorrow for 3 or 4 days, with no internet access.

Xandax

Postby Xandax » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:01 am

I'll be away from later today and about 7 days forth with limited access to the web.
So please contact Buck or DW with possible issues.
Insert signature here.

Xandax

Postby Xandax » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:14 am

Seems like I'm back again :)
Insert signature here.