In This Thread, You Can Post About Problematic Members

This forum is for discussion between the GameBanshee moderators.
Vicsun
In This Thread, You Can Post About Problematic Members

Postby Vicsun » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:56 pm

The wish list didn't go anywhere, and I like a tidy forum where it's easy to find stuff, so there. Use this thread to post about problematic users so we can coordinate our efforts. Additionally, to make skimming through the thread easier, I'd like to request that idle chit-chat is kept to a minimum ;) .

To recap so far:

USERNAME:
Stoned Golem
PROBLEM:
Open Admission of Multiple Accounts
CURRENT STATUS:
Stops using old accounts due to an apparently 'bad reputation' and creates new ones. As this is not the same as using multiple accounts simultaneously no action has been taken.

USERNAME:
Wrath of Egg
PROBLEM:
Flamed Luis Antonio amongst other trolling not limited to SYM.
CURRENT STATUS:
A warning followed by a temporary ban followed by a perma-ban on his IP address after he registered another account.

USERNAME:
FweL
PROBLEM:
Wrath of Egg's second account
CURRENT STATUS:
Permabanned.

USERNAME:
Exil
PROBLEM:
Breeching of the forum rules in the SW:KOTOR2 forums; offensive PM sent to Xandax when a warning was issued.
CURRENT STATUS:
Several warnings were followed by a (perma?)ban.

USERNAME:
Darth Zenemij
PROBLEM:
Apparent post farming, along with trolling in the KOTOR forums (relevant thread with more detail)
CURRENT STATUS:
No action taken.

USERNAME:
Darth Potato
PROBLEM:
Spammy posts in Morrowind ("Yeah," "Good idea" "I like this board!" kind of things) for which he's been warned about. Has a second account called Hodge registered on his IP address, claiming it's his internetless friend. Both use similar grammar and language. DP posted a 'Goodbye, I'll soon be banned unfairly' thread in SYM after he was told none of his accounts will be closed. He then flamed someone on the Fable forum. Contacted fable via PM asking when Buck'll get in touch with him to make him a moderator. Posted a 'what happened to Wrath of Egg' thread despite the fact he has posts following WoE's which would indicate he would have seen the banned title. Update(24.03.05): Creates a thread with a disclaimer that reads '(may contain offensiveness so dont ban any1 because its no theit fault)' - it gets closed because it's a dublicate so DP proceeds to post lyrics in the current 'post lyrics' thread bypassing the profanity filter.
CURRENT STATUS:
Obsidian requested a (temporary) ban of DP's account mainly due to the flaming in the Fable forum. To my knowledge no ban has been issued. Update(18.03.05): Final warning threatening a ban sent by Buck. Update(20.03.05): Responds with a condescending PM.

(17.03.05)
USERNAME:
oozae
PROBLEM:
Short, unconstructive posts. General idiocy in SYM. relevant mod. discussion thread.
CURRENT STATUS:
No action taken.
Vicsun, I certainly agree with your assertion that you are an unpleasant person. ~Chanak

:(

fable

Postby fable » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:06 pm

Obsidian requested a temp ban on DP? My impression from a PM I received was that he'd given DP a last warning, but that had been it.

He does seem to be spamming like mad, and his posts are extremely light in content. I just killed more of his spam in the Elder Scrolls threads.
To the Righteous belong the fruits of violent victory. The rest of us will have to settle for warm friends, warm lovers, and a wink from a quietly supportive universe.

BuckGB

Postby BuckGB » Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:50 pm

Alright, I just issued Darth Potato a final ban via PM. Maybe the guy will come around and start respecting the rules yet... although I doubt it.

Obsidian

Postby Obsidian » Thu Mar 17, 2005 8:20 pm

Hmm, I was just considering a temp ban, seeing as how he stopped posting in the fable forum after I stepped on him.

But hey, I ain't gonna cry.
The waves came crashing in like blindness.
So I just stood and listened.

BuckGB

Postby BuckGB » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:21 am

Hmm, Darth Potato's response:

"Ok Buckaroo can you send me a list of the things that i have done that brake your little rules."

I'm not even going to respond, since he's obviously received his warning and is aware of the consequences. Additionally, with a reply like that, I'm assuming that he has no intention of showing any respect to us (or other members) in the future. Please let me know if this guy gets out of hand again - I doubt we'll have to wait very long.

CM

Postby CM » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:31 pm

Oozae is not a problem. He posts random stuff but since when has that ever been a problem. I would his name to be removed, but as always Buck has the final say.
For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun? - Khalil Gibran

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!" - Winston Churchill

Vicsun

Postby Vicsun » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:08 pm

[QUOTE=CM]Oozae is not a problem. He posts random stuff but since when has that ever been a problem. I would his name to be removed, but as always Buck has the final say.[/QUOTE]
I'm just summarizing the complaints of other mods in this thread and actions being taken - think of it as record keeping, not a hall of shame.
Vicsun, I certainly agree with your assertion that you are an unpleasant person. ~Chanak

CM

Postby CM » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:34 pm

[QUOTE=Vicsun]I'm just summarizing the complaints of other mods in this thread and actions being taken - think of it as record keeping, not a hall of shame.[/QUOTE]

Then i am perfectly fine with it.
For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun? - Khalil Gibran

"We shall fight on the beaches. We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. We shall never surrender!" - Winston Churchill

Galuf the Dwarf

Postby Galuf the Dwarf » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:14 am

I was wondering...

Would the lyrics that Darth Potato posted in this page of this thread (at the bottom)count as a profanity violation?
Dungeon Crawl Inc.: It's the most fun you can have without 3 midgets and a whip! Character stats made by your's truly!

Aegis

Postby Aegis » Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:33 am

Some definite abuse of the forum's language filter.

fable

Postby fable » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:35 am

So do we give him another warning? I have to admit, Xan, DP's opaqueness to the forum rules makes an excellent case for you of the need to scrap temp bans. He just never seems to get it. It's almost enough to suspect you of asking him to show up. ;)
To the Righteous belong the fruits of violent victory. The rest of us will have to settle for warm friends, warm lovers, and a wink from a quietly supportive universe.

CM

Postby CM » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:37 am

Not sure how much you guys care about this sort of stuff, but DP has been pming members to join another site. I just pmed him stating i won't join.

I thought the rules on Gamebanshee set by precedence were 3 warnings and then a full time ban.

That is what happened with SS and Grunt. DP has had more than his fair share of warnings.

Vicsun

Postby Vicsun » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:26 am

[QUOTE=CM]Not sure how much you guys care about this sort of stuff, but DP has been pming members to join another site. I just pmed him stating i won't join.

I thought the rules on Gamebanshee set by precedence were 3 warnings and then a full time ban.

That is what happened with SS and Grunt. DP has had more than his fair share of warnings.[/QUOTE]
Sending PMs asking people to join another site, while distasteful, is probably not a breech of the rules. I do agree with the second part of your post, but it's not really my call.

CM

Postby CM » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:31 am

[QUOTE=Vicsun]Sending PMs asking people to join another site, while distasteful, is probably not a breech of the rules. I do agree with the second part of your post, but it's not really my call.[/QUOTE]

agreed not a breech of the rules as explicitly written however posting a thread in a forum asking people to check ouit their site is a breech of the rules. Same could be applied to PMs. It being in your sig is fine as you are not using SYM to actively advertise.

Brynn

Postby Brynn » Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:32 am

PM imho shouldn't be taken into account against a person, simply b/c they're not tracked or logged. In an extreme case one might repeatedly accuse a user with eg. flaming other users via PMs - how do we decide whom to believe? So, my conlcusion is that we should ignore PMs.

(And it's very easy to block unfriendly PMs by putting the sender to the ignore list, so user "safety" is also ensured :) )
Up the [color=Red]IRONS![/color]

fable

Postby fable » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:43 am

Just a quick note: if you (meaning anybody) are being flamed in PMs by a member who already knows the rules, contact Buck first. This is an area that's really his decision, and I know he's perma-banned forum members who slung some pretty nasty PMs at various mods. In any case, you don't need to simply sit still and take it. That's not why you're being paid the big bucks. ;)

Vicsun

Postby Vicsun » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:49 am

[QUOTE=Brynn]...flaming other users via PMs - how do we decide whom to believe? So, my conlcusion is that we should ignore PMs...[/QUOTE]
In addition to what fable said - I'm relatively certain Buck can access PMs; they're stored unencrypted on his server - there's no reason why he isn't capable of reading them.

Obsidian

Postby Obsidian » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:10 pm

USERNAME

Ducky02

PROBLEM
Spam
This boy has an amazing alacrity for it. Suffice it to say, as I perused the fable forum this afternoon, his post count went from 56 to 48.
It's that bad. I've warned him via PM. We'll see how it goes.

USERNAME
Penguin_king

PROBLEM
Also spam, he lost about 4 posts today, and has lost several more in the past.
Also been warned via PM.
The waves came crashing in like blindness.
So I just stood and listened.

fable

Postby fable » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:24 pm

I've passed on the info about Darth Potato's latest example of ignoring forum rules to Buck. It's an iffy situation, and a call I'd rather leave in his hands. I've also mentioned about his "sharing" an account with Hodge.

fable

Postby fable » Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:42 pm

Darth Potato (and Hodge) has been perma-banned by Buck. He agreed, not just about DP's use of lyrics with profanity, but racial slurs, as well.