rpg style games

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to BioWare's Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.
tinytim
rpg style games

Postby tinytim » Sun Jan 28, 2001 11:01 pm

just a simple questioni have a friend that is think about buing diablo2 i told him about bgii anyway could you tell me about it

thanks for any help sorry that this does not pertain to this forum but i know there are very intelligent people on this site Image Image Image

Drakron Du´Dark

Postby Drakron Du´Dark » Sun Jan 28, 2001 11:16 pm

well, Diablo II is just using the mouse, BG II is quite more complex.
you got several classes in here(more that diablo II)ant those classes require diferent types of stategies. and they are also kits in those classes that give some advantages in some areas and less advantages in others areas.
there are less weapons in here that in diablo but they are quite diferent from the others.
If you are have some experiance in the game,you could try playing the game alone but one of the good things are that you can join with diferent NPC that have a personality(not as cannon fodder, that is on Diablo II) and there are quite diferent from each other.
anyone else whats to continue this...

------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not became a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
- Waterdeep city constrution.

- Shadowdale low level adventure module.

- Rashmare /Thay high level adventure module.

Aegis

Postby Aegis » Sun Jan 28, 2001 11:19 pm

This ones good!

------------------
When is a Raven like a Writing desk?

Osiris

Postby Osiris » Mon Jan 29, 2001 5:53 am

Played Diablo2 - the novelty wears off pretty quickly. You fight through different areas and kill Diablo, then you get to do it all over again (same monsters but tougher), then do it all again a third time.

My choice: 1st - BG2 2nd - BG1 (should be able to pick it up cheap in a package with its expansion pack) 3rd - Diablo2 Image

Hannwaas

Postby Hannwaas » Mon Jan 29, 2001 6:03 am

Diablo 2 is brain-dead hack-and-slash.

------------------
Från var och en efter förmåga.
Åt var och en efter behov.
Av var och en efter förmåga.
Åt var och en efter behov.

Karembeu

Postby Karembeu » Mon Jan 29, 2001 6:04 am

I thought the original Diablo was a brilliant game......Diablo 2 had much to live up to....and it didn't succeed with that....I had high expectations and it didn't even come close.....Storyline is cr*p, music is dodgy and graphics are out of date.....gameplay is...well if you like running around killing everything you see you might enjoy it.......

BG 2 and Diablo 2 are rather different games.........quite simply because BG2 is the best...and Diablo 2 sucks.....

Osiris....I'd even rate Icewind Dale in front of Diablo 2....especially now that HoW is out.....
“Child abuse doesn’t have to mean broken bones and black marks. Young growing tissues are far more vulnerable to carcinogens than those of adults.
Knowingly subjecting children to it is child abuse.”

Maurice

Postby Maurice » Mon Jan 29, 2001 7:08 am

To be honest, I think I have played both games for about 1,5 months, before shifting to other games. HOWEVER, in that time I have finished Diablo 2 about a zillion times (and damn, did I HATE that swamp!) which got quite repetetive, and BG 2 only once (really, stopped on my second run in the Underdark, when my brother redirected me to EQ Image ).

It's a bit hard to say, really ... Diablo 2 is all about action, little about RPG. BG is a lot about RPG, and not so much action, in respect to Diablo 2.

However, comparing Diablo 2 with Diablo 1, I think they did a bad job. I really liked the first game, and played it through maybe 20+ times, and still it was funny. The game's graphics looked rock-solid, the colors maybe a bit blant (sp?), but that made it look even better. Good ambiance, and highly detailed graphics. In Diablo 2, although they really did a good job on the interface, the graphics were a step back. Bright colors, sharp contrasts, and a somewhat 'blocked' appearance made it look worse (although on the higher resolutions this was not so much of a problem). Also, they introduced some monsters that were almost IMPOSSIBLE to kill. Like Duriel for a Sorceress, or that Flame Spider Boss in the Swamp for the Paladin. Not to mention Diablo himself for the Amazon.

I'm dubiously regarding the expansion of Diablo 2.

No, at the moment, the only 2 games that I look forward to are Warcraft III, and Commando's 2. Beyond that, I think I'll be on Everquest. Have been playing that game for a month, spending virtually all of my free time on it, and I yet have to get the feeling 'oh, BORING!'. I'm still enthusiastic about gaining yet another level, and looking forward to yet more spells (and they are more than with BG2 Image )

Krom

Postby Krom » Mon Jan 29, 2001 7:36 am

I enjoyed Diablo 2, but I feel that BG2 has a lot more replay value. As far as recommending one to your friend, you might want to consider whether or not he has the patience to play BG2. Diablo 2 has a lot more fast paced, in-your-face action that BG2. However, BG2 has a much more compelling storyline.

For most of my friends, I'd recommend Diablo 2, because I know they would not stick with BG2 long enough to enjoy it.

[This message has been edited by Krom (edited 01-29-2001).]

tinytim

Postby tinytim » Mon Jan 29, 2001 5:51 pm

thanks for all the advise it seem that the first verson would be a better buy but that will be for him to deside after reading this thanks again