BG2 Collectors cards

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to BioWare's Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.
Wycen Adamantite
BG2 Collectors cards

Postby Wycen Adamantite » Thu Mar 15, 2001 10:31 am

So, I was flipping through the contents of my BG2 Collectors Edition box the other day, and I noticed something. On the back, it claims to come with a set of 8 collectible cards for BG2. However, and I recounted to make sure, I got 16 cards, as did my friend who got 16. The same 16 cards I did, exactly.

Anybody know how many total cards are available? I'd like to get my hands on more, if possible.

Thanks.

fable

Postby fable » Thu Mar 15, 2001 10:53 am

The reason your friend got the same 16 cards is because they aren't "collector's cards." They're simply a marketing gimmick, a little like the metal ankh or cloth maps included in previous Ultima adventures, or the cull color foldout maps in Might & Magic boxes.
To the Righteous belong the fruits of violent victory. The rest of us will have to settle for warm friends, warm lovers, and a wink from a quietly supportive universe.

Wycen Adamantite

Postby Wycen Adamantite » Thu Mar 15, 2001 11:09 am

Originally posted by fable:
The reason your friend got the same 16 cards is because they aren't "collector's cards." They're simply a marketing gimmick, a little like the metal ankh or cloth maps included in previous Ultima adventures, or the cull color foldout maps in Might & Magic boxes.

I figured that would be quite possible, but I'd like to know definately if there are ONLY 16 cards.