Gauntlets of dexterity

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to BioWare's Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.
RiPPeR
Gauntlets of dexterity

Postby RiPPeR » Fri Jan 26, 2001 10:59 am

i already did the cult of unseeing eye quest by just killing the beholder without getting the two parts of the staff, there is any way to reach the ghoul lord area to get the gauntlets of dexterity?

Weasel

Postby Weasel » Fri Jan 26, 2001 11:09 am

Sorry I don't believe there is a way there now.

------------------
The Defender of Truth ;)
"Vile and evil, yes. But, That's Weasel" From BS's book, MD 20/20: Fine Wines of Rocky Flop.

RiPPeR

Postby RiPPeR » Fri Jan 26, 2001 11:12 am

that is ****ing bad, i just wished combine keldorn+gauntlets of dexterity+girdle of hill giant +holy avenger!

Grimbold the Unlovely

Postby Grimbold the Unlovely » Fri Jan 26, 2001 12:45 pm

Weasel's experience does not match mine. I also forgot to pick up the dexterity gauntlets when I killed the Eye. I just picked them up from Ghoul town no problem. There were some living ghouls there still. I don't know whether this makes a difference. But I got the gloves some 20 days after killing the Unseeing Eye.
"Not to know me argues yourselves unknown."

Weasel

Postby Weasel » Fri Jan 26, 2001 6:44 pm

Originally posted by Grimbold the Unlovely:
Weasel's experience does not match mine. I also forgot to pick up the dexterity gauntlets when I killed the Eye. I just picked them up from Ghoul town no problem. There were some living ghouls there still. I don't know whether this makes a difference. But I got the gloves some 20 days after killing the Unseeing Eye.

I was basing this on this [url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001303.html"]http://www.gamebanshee.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001303.html[/url] I don't know of know of anyway....unless you use CLUAConsole:

------------------
The Defender of Truth Image

[This message has been edited by Weasel (edited 01-26-2001).]
"Vile and evil, yes. But, That's Weasel" From BS's book, MD 20/20: Fine Wines of Rocky Flop.

Grimbold the Unlovely

Postby Grimbold the Unlovely » Fri Jan 26, 2001 8:15 pm

I don't know how to use CLUAconsole (whatever that is). (I would really like to know, by the way.) I just went back to the ghoul town, killed some ghouls I had missed earlier, and picked up the gauntlets. I'm really not making this up. Honest. I really did it (today).

Grimbold the Unlovely

Postby Grimbold the Unlovely » Fri Jan 26, 2001 8:20 pm

OK, I have just gone to the thread posted by Weasel and I think I understand the problem. If you kill the guy that shows you the way down, you screw yourself. But if you didn't kill him, you CAN get back to ghoul town and CAN get the gauntlets dexterity. NB: there are TWO stairs down, both on the west side of the map. One goes down to the cult of Amaunator. The other one goes down to the spiral maze of lava where there are lots of gauths. You go down the latter stair. There is an exit to ghoul town. I took that route.

Weasel

Postby Weasel » Fri Jan 26, 2001 8:24 pm

Yes that is most likely the reason.

As for CLUAConsole:......give me a couple of minutes and I can post a link here to a breakdown on how to do this..

Here you go..
[url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001470.html"]http://www.gamebanshee.com/ubb/Forum2/HTML/001470.html[/url]

Post if you have any questions.
------------------
The Defender of Truth Image

[This message has been edited by Weasel (edited 01-26-2001).]

Grimbold the Unlovely

Postby Grimbold the Unlovely » Sat Jan 27, 2001 8:44 am

Thanks, Weasel, your contributions are invaluable.

Weasel

Postby Weasel » Sat Jan 27, 2001 10:29 am

@Grimbold the Unlovely: Thank you I didn't know you could go back. Your information will help others.

------------------
The Defender of Truth ;)