Keldorn bug?

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to BioWare's Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.
Grimbold the Unlovely
Keldorn bug?

Postby Grimbold the Unlovely » Thu Jan 25, 2001 11:05 pm

Keldorn has been in my party for a long time. He has just heard some bad news about his domestic life and has told me to meet him in the Paladin Radiant Heart place in three hours. He has not turned up. Worse, my clock (bottom left of screen) tells me it is day 39, but my journal tells me that Keldorn left on day 40. What gives? Is this some ghastly bug? Where is that s.o.b?
"Not to know me argues yourselves unknown."

Drakron Du´Dark

Postby Drakron Du´Dark » Thu Jan 25, 2001 11:28 pm

three hours our three days?
and why sould you trust the clock or the jornal, we are in 1370 and the Jornal say its 1369.
P.S. The clock gives the days, the jornal the date.

------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not became a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
- Waterdeep city constrution.

- Shadowdale low level adventure module.

- Rashmare /Thay high level adventure module.

Grimbold the Unlovely

Postby Grimbold the Unlovely » Thu Jan 25, 2001 11:46 pm

Keldorn said three hours, not three days. And the journal gives the day number AND the date. I have checked some saved games and the clock is always one day behind the journal. Is this the same for others?

Keldorn has still not turned up. I am afraid that this might be some appalling bug. His family talk about his departure and the crisis, so I know I didn't imagine it. But Keldorn has just vanished into thin air. Has anyone else experienced this?

Grimbold the Unlovely

Postby Grimbold the Unlovely » Thu Jan 25, 2001 11:54 pm

I have just reloaded from a saved game, and I have noticed something very odd with the clock. When we arrived at Keldorn's house (where he is about to hear some very bad news), my clock said Day 38 Hour 18. At that precise time Keldorn said 'here we are, my house' (or words to that effect). But in the journal, this comment is dated Day 39 Hour 12: almost 24 hours after the actual time. I suspect that this discrepancy is found for every event and that I have just not noticed it before. Whether it is related to Keldorn's disappearance or not I cannot say. I hope I don't lose him this time.