Toughest monster

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to BioWare's Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn.
Craig

Postby Craig » Mon Dec 17, 2001 12:35 pm

:rolleyes: Melfs miniture meatyores
I'm Devious

This is my Gift. This is my Curse. Who am I? I'm [color="Red"]Sp[/color][color="Blue"]id[/color][color="Red"]er[/color][color="Blue"]Cr[/color][color="Red"]aig[/color]

p1ane

Postby p1ane » Wed Dec 19, 2001 2:46 pm

Mind Flayers can be a real "Pain in the ass" with the instant kill..

But the toughest enemy is Elder Orbs since they Imprison u like right away. Of course u can protect urself from that and that´s why i think there is no best monster.
Everything depends on the situation.

But in overall i think that Elderorb are the best.
I know dragons with feet like rabbits, Tis true i swear.

Pe Ell

Postby Pe Ell » Thu Dec 20, 2001 2:28 am

Ogrillons. "You mess with me, you' Oh, sorry. It was toughest monster, not coolest. :D

Demons are pretty though too. Especially the one you fight down in the underdark, in the swerfneblin(sp?) city. Allthough I guess that one doesnt count since you only encounter it once
Greater mummys are not to be underestimated. think they require at least 3+ to be hit and that disease is devastating.
Of course everything can be killed if you hae the right equipment.
Plans within plans...

Bruce Lee

Postby Bruce Lee » Thu Dec 20, 2001 2:37 am

Overall I'd have to say beholder kin. They get easier with items such as shield of balduran and cloak of mirroring but without these item they are tough... unless you're a monk.
You can't handle the truth!

UserUnfriendly

Postby UserUnfriendly » Thu Dec 20, 2001 2:59 am

beholders fall to right equipment, and undead are pathetically easy, have a high level cleric turn them. with aerie or anomne, they blow up so fast its pathetic.

mind flayers are very bad, very deadly, but htese days I have perfected the planetar with globe of blodes up and running. even if it gets held or stunned, this happens a lot, the globe will keep killing them. for a nasty nest have cleric cast free action, this makes them invulnerable.

but still nothing gets me worried than a nest of flayers. very bad, sorta remind me of a xcom mission, and you're boarding a etherial battleship.
They call me Darth...

Darth Gizka!

Muwahahahahhahahha!!!

RobertC

Postby RobertC » Thu Dec 20, 2001 4:02 am

I would say being low level in the keep and taking on Torgath and the other 2 giant trolls when playing solo. Being level 9 or 10 against those guys is NOT fun. I usually have to sneak/invis, drag Torgath by himself and take him then the trolls... Plus trolls are immune to the monk stun attack and I think most death spells do not work on them. :eek:
-----------------------------------
"No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulderblades will surely cramp his style"

Craig

Postby Craig » Thu Dec 20, 2001 8:14 am

No it works just the regenerate kicks in so you can't damage them but they regenerate
I'm Devious

This is my Gift. This is my Curse. Who am I? I'm [color="Red"]Sp[/color][color="Blue"]id[/color][color="Red"]er[/color][color="Blue"]Cr[/color][color="Red"]aig[/color]