Arena Help. Possible spoilers.

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, its Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles expansions, and any user-created or premium modules.
Erin3
Arena Help. Possible spoilers.

Postby Erin3 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:11 pm

I'm going to scream! I'm on match no. 16 (Kill 3 Aragonians), at Gladiator status and I just can't do it. I've tried it with a heavy armor wepon. then a light one, with about 7 healing potions.

Arrrgh! Help! I need some tips! Or tricks! Anything! Save me! This match is sooo unfair!

And does anyone know where the highest damage value wepon can be found?? Stolen of course.

Plus, I'm using the Xbox 360 version.

Help people!

Siberys

Postby Siberys » Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:46 pm

I don't know if it's possible on Xbox, but if you can, lower the difficulty of the game a few notches, not so much that your cheating, but also not so much that it's impossible for you.

My suggestion.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Listen up maggots, Mr. Popo's 'bout to teach you the pecking order.
It goes you, the dirt, the worms inside of the dirt, Popo's stool, Kami, then Popo.
~Mr. Popo, Dragonball Z Abridged[/color]

Belthan

Postby Belthan » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:25 pm

Tips: unless your character is a total tank, always try to hit & run, especially against multiple opponents. Even if you can't outrun them, at least you can usually keep them from surrounding you and pummelling you from all sides. Also, against multiple opponents, try to concentrate your fire on one at a time to reduce their numbers (and the number of hits you take) quicker.

Tricks: if your Acrobatics skill is high enough, you can jump up onto the stonework beside the statues above the yellow team gate. Fortify Acrobatics spells or potions help. Most opponents can't reach you there, and you can pelt them with magic or arrows from a distance until they die. Unfair? Maybe, but hey, 3 on 1 is unfair too.

Weapons: loot is generally random and levels with you, so the higher level you are the better weapons you'll be able to take from bandits, marauders & other bad guys that you fight. There are quite a few quests that reward you with sweet weapons. SPOILERS: [color="Black"]the daedric quests for Mephala & Boethia both give you nice swords, as does the quest for Clavicus Vile (if you refuse to return Umbra to him, or at least make a detour to the arena before returning it). Search the forum or see the Daedric Quests Walkthrough at

http://www.gamebanshee.com/oblivion/daedricquests.php

for details. The "Unfriendly Competition" quest that you get from Jensine in the Imperial City also gives you a pretty decent blade.[/color]

Finally, Siberys is right - if all else fails there's a difficulty slider on the options menu on both PC and 360 that you can move a few clicks to the left to make combat easier.
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="White"]Can the answer to this question be "No"?[/color][/font]

Mr. Arrow

Postby Mr. Arrow » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:58 am

what types of weapons do you use. i would suggest getting good with bows. poison a few arrows and right when the gates open fire across. You should be able to kill one before they reach you. then that leaves two.
a simple but cheesy tactic is to run backwards shooting. if they get close roll to the side(if you have enought acrobatics) or jump away and keep running and shooting.
[color="RoyalBlue"]Why am I fighting to live, if I'm just living to fight?[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"]Why am I trying to see, when there aint nothing in sight?[/color] [color="MediumTurquoise"]Why am I trying to give, when no one gives me a try?[/color] [color="White"]Why am I dying to live, if I'm just living to die?[/color]

beornica

Postby beornica » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:43 am

Aaand if you're a mage you can command and have them fight FOR you, not against you... ;)
My personal favorite little trick in fighting a group....
you know what they say about all work and no play...
It's totally not worth the monetary rewards!!!

Faberge

Postby Faberge » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:35 am

Carrying seven healing potion is clever, carrying 21 is smarter.

But is it possible to make that fight bearable? You can buy, find and make potions which will fortify and restore your fatigue. The toughness of this fight is solely based on the fact that your character will be too exhausted to fight back. Jumping, swinging your weapon and taking blows from the argonians will bring your fatigue down and aswell your character.

So in this fight, you should have with you lots of potions restoring and fortifying your fatigue. Actually just restore fatigue potions could do.

And about the order in which you should kill them, kill the hand to hand fighters first and focus on one argonian at time.

Belthan

Postby Belthan » Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:21 am

Oh yeah, also bind your potions to a hotkey so you can gulp 'em quick.
[font="Book Antiqua"][color="White"]Can the answer to this question be "No"?[/color][/font]

Mr. Arrow

Postby Mr. Arrow » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:43 pm

this will sound kinda cheap but an easy way to beat the game is have high acrobatics and marksmanship. all you need to do is jump on top of things and shoot. you can jump on top of the spikes on the wall then jump onto the pillar or gate (just don't fall over the gate because you will be stuck forever unless your acrobatics are extremely high). this basically makes you invincible.
[color="RoyalBlue"]Why am I fighting to live, if I'm just living to fight?[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"]Why am I trying to see, when there aint nothing in sight?[/color] [color="MediumTurquoise"]Why am I trying to give, when no one gives me a try?[/color] [color="White"]Why am I dying to live, if I'm just living to die?[/color]

REal953

Postby REal953 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:02 pm

Try to concentrate on just one, it is not easy but it really help. Think of it this way, 3 hurt enemys still have 3 weapons. But if you kill one then there is only 2 other weapons that can hurt you.
[HTML][/HTML][SIZE="4"]
Free Tibet
[/size]

Sain

Postby Sain » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:16 pm

It can't be that hard...

I did it at level ten with Umbra and took like ten damage at -100 dificulty.
"That dead... whatever that thing was, is really gross, but Hawaii is still very nice."

Mephisto

Postby Mephisto » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:40 am

I had trouble on that level as well, i just got lots of health potions and lots of respite potions as well so i could heal my fatigue,the best thing to do is shoot them with a few arrows and then use hit and run tactics.

Mephisto
[color="Red"][SIZE="4"]Fortune favors the bold!!![/size][/color]