Who kills Larrius Varro? (spoilers inside)

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to Bethesda Softworks' The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and its Tribunal and Bloodmoon expansion packs.
Kameleon
Who kills Larrius Varro? (spoilers inside)

Postby Kameleon » Fri Dec 06, 2002 3:41 pm

I was wondering who gives ol' crazy Larrius the chop once you've done the bloodbath quest...you see, he has this lovely 2-handed sword that does Soul Trap on strike, and apart from being able to get 100 gold off him for the Hla Oad Outlaw quest, there really doesn't seem to be much point for his continued existence. So who lets him stay and who offs him?
Proud SLURRite Test Subject and Nick Counter of the Rolling Thunder - Visitors WELCOME!!!
[size=0](Feel free to join us for a drink, play some pool or even relax in a hottub - want to learn more? )[/size]

Sleep is for n00bs, and people with too much blood in their caffeine.
Have YOU voted for Kayless' Dungeon Crawl Inc. yet today???

Reality is an illusion created by alcohol deficiency

cjdevito

Postby cjdevito » Fri Dec 06, 2002 5:29 pm

I let him stay. For awhile. He is, after all, one of the grandmaster writs from the Morag Tong :)

Kameleon

Postby Kameleon » Fri Dec 06, 2002 6:14 pm

Originally posted by cjdevito
I let him stay. For awhile. He is, after all, one of the grandmaster writs from the Morag Tong :)

Aha! I knew he must be good for something...Now I wonder if I can pickpocket that badboy off him... :D
Proud SLURRite Test Subject and Nick Counter of the Rolling Thunder - Visitors WELCOME!!!
[size=0](Feel free to join us for a drink, play some pool or even relax in a hottub - want to learn more? )[/size]

rnrules

Postby rnrules » Fri Dec 06, 2002 11:16 pm

Okay can somebody give me a better education on pick pocketing? What skills and stats effect it, and at about what level do they have to be to succeed at least 75% percent of the time?
Like the neon soccer ball?

MordorMan

Postby MordorMan » Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:05 pm

I think you need to be good at sneaking, and its governing attribute, which is agility I think. You can practise sneaking by sneaking a lot when there are creatures or humanoids about. Also, what you wear is an influence, sneaking works better if armor isn't clanking too much...

Thieves and agents are specialized in clothing that improve your sneak skills.
Vi Dor e-Mordor ias i-Ndúath caedar

MordorMan

Postby MordorMan » Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:08 pm

By the way, I found another good two handed soul trapping chopper. It was (SPOILER COMING UP....)
owned by an orc just outside of Suran. Well, thats not a very spoiling spoiler.
Vi Dor e-Mordor ias i-Ndúath caedar

Kameleon

Postby Kameleon » Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:22 pm

Ah, but Umbra's sword (huh, it's called Umbra, what an innovation) only casts when used...I personally can't be bothered with all that casting mumbo-jumbo :D

cjdevito

Postby cjdevito » Wed Dec 11, 2002 5:23 pm

Yeah, I'm with Kam. If it isn't cast when strikes or constant effect, I really don't want to have a whole lot to do with it :)

SSRat

Postby SSRat » Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:42 am

I would agree w/ Kam on the soul trap as well. Umbra is a very useful melee weapon however.

Good luck trying to take it from the orc in a fair fight. :)

Kameleon

Postby Kameleon » Thu Dec 12, 2002 6:46 am

Originally posted by SSRat
Good luck trying to take it from the orc in a fair fight. :)

I didn't find him all that hard actually, but as somewhat of an extreme powergamer I don't know what equipment/stats other people have at level 6 :D

HiRo11er

Postby HiRo11er » Mon May 03, 2004 11:42 am

So this orc is where you find Umbra's sword? I did a search, trying to find out where the weapon is, and this is as close as I got...

Please fill me in on its location! :)
"Yes. Later on, I'd love to."

Kameleon

Postby Kameleon » Mon May 03, 2004 11:53 am

Originally posted by HiRo11er
So this orc is where you find Umbra's sword? I did a search, trying to find out where the weapon is, and this is as close as I got...

Please fill me in on its location! :)

As far as I remember (more than a year since I played the game), Umbra is a pain in the arse to find - read my Yellow Pages, I'm sure one of the walkthroughs/maps will have his location on. All I remember is that he's near Suran, behind a rather sizeable mountain ridge, in a valley. I must've walked past him 10 times before I finally got to him, and he was a walkover face-to-face, but as I said above (17 months ago lol) I was rather overpowered ;)