Problem in Isle of Despair (spoiler)

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to Troika Games' Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura.
samcu
Problem in Isle of Despair (spoiler)

Postby samcu » Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:11 pm

Hello,
I am currently in the Isle of Despair trying to get pass the Ogre to see the dwarf for the Black Mountain Clan. Currently I am using version v1.7.0.4 and there are no mods/other patches in it yet. I have Magnus, Virgil and a familiar with me. I am playing a pure mage with known spells in divination and summoning plus 5 unspent character points.

The problem arises when I couldn't get down the pits to fight with my familiar around me. I can get my followers to wait, but there is no function for the familiar to wait and the pit master refuse my entry unless I am on my own. Is there a way to unsummon your familiar or tell him to wait? I don't want to unsummon my familiar because it leveled up just before I got this quest.

The other alternative is that I know the Ogre wants a book called 'the Hand', but I don't know where to get it.

Please help, any help will be good, thanx for reading anyway...
Sorcery and Shadow together as one, the arcane and the dark united. Through our knowledge and skill none can stand against us. We are as one, infallible and invincible. The Shadow Mages.

Sabre

Postby Sabre » Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:18 am

Not too sure, but I think that the book is somewhere around the dock in Ashbury - you'll have to check the barrels around there. If you're skilled enough in Lock Picking, you can try and pick the door.

samcu

Postby samcu » Thu Jul 04, 2002 3:20 am

Thanks Sabre,
I pickpocketed him with the spared points that I have saved.
Sorcery and Shadow together as one, the arcane and the dark united. Through our knowledge and skill none can stand against us. We are as one, infallible and invincible. The Shadow Mages.