Bastila and Revan Fans: How would you want to have them back in KotOR III?

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to LucasArts and BioWare's Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG.
User avatar
Daath Bauhaus
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 10:46 am
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Postby Daath Bauhaus » Fri May 30, 2008 8:41 am

if you ask me I think they should bring Revan back in 3 but not as a playable character, they should also bring back the exile and perhaps even Canderous/Mandalore.

I personally think the main character in 3 should be the child of Revan and Bastilla... but because Revan left for the unknown regions before Bastilla started to show Revan never knew about it.
Bastilla gave birth alone on the new Mandalorian planet hidden from the Jedi Council, she gave the to Carth and Canderous(who were the only 2 people present at the birth) because she knew that wherever Revan went he was looking for the true threat to the Republic and would eventually need soldiers to fight in the war against the new enemy(who I think rather than being the "True Sith" should be a sith legacy called the Sith'ari... it was mentioned in KotOR 1 in the sith academy... well something like the SIth'ari). Canderous raised the child as a Mandalorian warrior but doesn't tell it who it's father is...

anyway to keep this on subject I think Bastilla should die between the end of 2 and start of 3. I know most people are looking forward to continuing the Bastilla and Revan story but in my opinion it has finished and with the birth of a child Revan doesn't know about I think there is great chance for an even greater story than Bastilla and Revan's love story...
oh and I think 3 should follow the canon endings of the previous 2 to make it less complicated to make... meaning we get it sooner(assuming it isn't an MMORPG in the case that it is I wont be playing it)

On the whole I think 3 should be set in the unkown regions in a war against the Sith'ari and his/her/it's army. The Mandalorians should play a major role as should Revan, The Exile and Carth. Revan should start training force sensitives in the way of the force and since the main character is Revan and Bastilla's child it is extremely attune to the force...

User avatar
OftheRepublic
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 10:26 pm
Contact:

Postby OftheRepublic » Fri May 30, 2008 1:29 pm

well this seems alot like episode 3/4 Anakin left w/o knowing that he had 2 children(wife then dies)- anakin went out to kill anyone opposed to him- as Revan is doing ... just my 2 cents i want originality- the love child of revan and bastilla is thrown around- though i do prefer using canon it makes the story easier

User avatar
Daath Bauhaus
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 10:46 am
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Postby Daath Bauhaus » Fri May 30, 2008 1:53 pm

Well not to be pedantic but Anakin did know about a child being born, he didn't know there were 2 and he didn't know they survived when he killed Padme but he still knew, lol.(I find the fact that in such a high technologically developed age they couldn't tell how many babies a woman is having even though we can... pretty easily)

Also the canon Revan is a good guy who goes off into the unknown regions to discover the true threat against the Republic whereas Anakin destroyed the Jedi Order and Republic to build Palpatines Empire.
Luke was not given to the mandalorians by an Admiral of the Republic Navy Fleet, whereas the main character I propose is trained as a soldier to fight in the war his/her father started to protect the Republic.
I didn't elaborate on how Bastilla dies, but rest assured Revan is there when she does and she wasn't giving birth at the time and is not killed by Revan. Plus Padme wasn't a jedi... I will admit there is a similarity between the stories... but it's not that big... the child and it's circumstaces of not knowing whom it's father is the only real similarity. But that in my opinion allows for a more interesting story when he is trained in the force by his father.
Plus it's not like KotOR hasn't recycled some idea's from the original trilogy. The Star Forge was basically just an ancient and more force orientated Death Star, the exile helping rebirth the Jedi Order and changing it's ideals just like Luke does. One war leading to a small guerilla style war like the Mandalorian war leading to the Jedi Civil war which leads to the destruction of the Jedi order by a hidden enemy, the Clone war lead to the destruction of the Jedi by the clones(conversion of the army to destroy the jedi... ahem) which lead to the rebellion waging a guerilla style war against the empire... another unseen enemy.
When you think about it the KotOR stories are not dis-similar at it's base to the original Saga.

User avatar
Ganthalas
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:51 pm
Contact:

Postby Ganthalas » Fri May 30, 2008 5:09 pm

In my idea the new character would be Revan and Bastilla's son (if they are going with the male light side story) not the exile. learn how to read.

User avatar
OftheRepublic
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 10:26 pm
Contact:

Postby OftheRepublic » Fri May 30, 2008 5:24 pm

i jsut dont like the idea of the child of revan and bastilla for a few reasons
1) where was the child during K2?
2) Why was it not found by the Sith?
3) Why did it not receive training after its birth?
just questions

User avatar
Daath Bauhaus
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 10:46 am
Location: Coventry
Contact:

Postby Daath Bauhaus » Sat May 31, 2008 4:34 pm

All very good questions, and sadly enough being the no-life writer with nothing better to do than put his over active imagination to use that I am I have answers to them.

1) where was the child during K2?
I am not completely sure of the time frame between 1 and to but I am pretty certain it is between 2 and 5 years. So whilst the Exile was visiting Dxun the child would have been nothing but a toddler.

2) Why was it not found by the Sith?
The sith were not searching for force sensitive's when they eradicated the Jedi on the Miraluka world... also no one except Carth, Canderous and Bastilla knew about Revan's child. Even if they were aware of a force sensitive child in the Mandalorian camp when the exile visited it would appear to them to simply be a "Mandalorian" child in a well armed Mandalorian war/training camp who had a powerful connection to the force... I don't believe force sensitive Mandalorian children are so uncommon that a weakened Sith empire would wade into a well armed battle camp just to retrieve it...

3) Why did it not receive training after its birth?
Because only 3 people knew about it's birth, and the only Jedi had to return to her position in the Jedi Council on Coruscant. Plus training to become a Jedi starts at a young age but not from birth, when the child reached trainable age Bastilla was searching for Revan and didn't have time to train her child. The child was raised by Canderous as a Mandalorian, they do not train in the force.

User avatar
Desmond
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 10:52 am
Contact:

Postby Desmond » Sat May 31, 2008 11:25 pm

Well I say how they were meant to be because whoever created them most likely had an image in mind. I liked how Mass Effect went about it, where they had the default character image, but you could change it should you decide to. I'm not too worried about changing how my character looks.

Having Revan and the Exile's true identity remain customizable hinders future games. Revan and the Exile will never have appearances except masked and silent. Two great characters held back by some people's desire to make them have blonde hair instead of black seems kind of like a bad trade in my opinion.

User avatar
Invisable Man
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:20 am
Location: im behind you ... boo!!!
Contact:

Postby Invisable Man » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:45 am

Desmond wrote:Well I say how they were meant to be because whoever created them most likely had an image in mind. I liked how Mass Effect went about it, where they had the default character image, but you could change it should you decide to. I'm not too worried about changing how my character looks.

Having Revan and the Exile's true identity remain customizable hinders future games. Revan and the Exile will never have appearances except masked and silent. Two great characters held back by some people's desire to make them have blonde hair instead of black seems kind of like a bad trade in my opinion.


your right about the masking thing i mean the'll probebly just fit revan with the mask and they'll give the exile a huge robe like kreia but thats off the topic id just like to say yes id like to see them all (well not really all of them) but revan and bastila definatly should be back

User avatar
bigredpanda
Posts: 396
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:04 am
Contact:

Postby bigredpanda » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:08 am

Desmond wrote:
Having Revan and the Exile's true identity remain customizable hinders future games. Revan and the Exile will never have appearances except masked and silent. Two great characters held back by some people's desire to make them have blonde hair instead of black seems kind of like a bad trade in my opinion.


Ok, I see what you're saying. I still disagree, because the reason Revan and Exile are great characters is largely based on what you do with them as a game player - KOTOR is an RPG, after all, not a history book. Hopefully the game developers can be a bit more inventive and not limit the appearance of Revan and Exile, if they're in the game.

User avatar
Ja Jeh Binx
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:36 pm
Contact:

Postby Ja Jeh Binx » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:41 pm

I'm not sure.
Because, what about the Exile?
Maybe Revan returns to the light side along with Bastila, and somehow rejoin with the Exile to save the Galaxy and bring back the Jedi Council.

User avatar
XGrlGamerX
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:44 am
Contact:

Postby XGrlGamerX » Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:51 am

I really think they should add the characters together, it seems from the 2nd one they were building up something for the 3rd game.

I really think people should choose settings in the beginning by answering questions which would result in which characters would appear, what romances, exc.

I think it be cool if the main third character would add up being reven's child, either from bastila or carth, and then if the character selected no romance in the settings, it be a random character.

User avatar
ArmedWithSpoons
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:55 am
Contact:

Postby ArmedWithSpoons » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:16 am

Malak was dark side through and through so he shouldnt come back and as for revan hed have to start out too powerful so i dont think hed be a good choice for a main character but you can meet up with him later in the game like when you become more powerful or search around sith space and him and the exile could join up in your party when you find them. But i dont think this game should be centered around revan or the exile either its time for somebody new.

User avatar
jehrohm
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:13 pm
Contact:

Postby jehrohm » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:43 pm

Well I doubt revan would even be in it. Nihilus' mask was first supposed to be Revan's skull, but they didn't put that in the game because it was too sad. :(

User avatar
LordOfSithGods
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:57 pm
Contact:

Postby LordOfSithGods » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:53 pm

I'm a huge Revan and Bastila fan, they have got to be a part of the storyline in the game, as SW Kotor series is about Revan: his rise, his fall and his rise, and no there won't be a fall again, as everything SW ends in the light side, and since Revan and Bastila are lightsiders they won't be dead, they've already died nearly so many times.

In this game i'd like them to be found in Coruscant with the Exile and his crew, all as part of the new Jedi council. But i don't want them to be like the old councillors who don't battle; these guys will participate in war, and train you and your crew.

To make us feel as we're really a part of the story/SW Universe, i want to start off as a youngling, not the most powerful Jedi in KOTOR. I want to develop and personally train him/her to fight the True Sith with the support and guidance of the Jedi Council (characters from the first two games)

As for the main/central character being Revan and Bastila's child... why not. The events of KOTOR 2 were 2-5 years after the battle of the star forge. The kid would definitely be born already and old enough to begin training, which of course would make Revan extra protective of him/her which is why he would definitely not take Bastila to the unknown regions to face the inevitable threat of the True Sith.
:D [url="http://MarshalNetwork.OurToolbar.com/"]http://MarshalNetwork.OurToolbar.com/[/url]

"Malak is dead—all hail the return of Darth Revan, the true Lord of the Sith!"

User avatar
SupaCat
Posts: 522
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2004 2:26 am
Location: Belgium, brewing since 1830
Contact:

Postby SupaCat » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:03 pm

LordOfSithGods wrote:The kid would definitely be born already and old enough to begin training, which of course would make Revan extra protective of him/her which is why he would definitely not take Bastila to the unknown regions to face the inevitable threat of the True Sith.


You say him or her, but if they have a kid togheter, wouldn't revan be a man? If revan was a woman, she couldn't be with bastilla because gay couples were not implanted in the first Kotor. The point is if revan is going to have a child, he beter be a man. "You narrow-minded person" some might think. They do this without reason, because if you make revan a woman and let her have bastilla, you're changing the previous games.

For me, I like to see revan return like I roleplayed him. Mysterious and strange against others, loving against Bastilla. :rolleyes:
"Hurrah for anarchy! This is the happiest moment of my life."
[SIZE="3"][SIZE="1"]George Engel, just before he got hanged[/size][/size]

User avatar
bigredpanda
Posts: 396
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:04 am
Contact:

Postby bigredpanda » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:37 am

SupaCat wrote:You say him or her, but if they have a kid togheter, wouldn't revan be a man? If revan was a woman, she couldn't be with bastilla because gay couples were not implanted in the first Kotor. The point is if revan is going to have a child, he beter be a man. "You narrow-minded person" some might think. They do this without reason, because if you make revan a woman and let her have bastilla, you're changing the previous games.


Gay couples weren't "implanted"? Did they not have a high enough Constitution? :mischief:
I think the idea being floated is that if Revan was a woman and had a child, it would be with Carth.

Either way I'm still not persuaded. I'm hoping that the writers could come up with something a bit more imaginative, to be honest.

User avatar
LordOfSithGods
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:57 pm
Contact:

Postby LordOfSithGods » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:40 am

bigredpanda wrote:Gay couples weren't "implanted"? Did they not have a high enough Constitution? :mischief:
I think the idea being floated is that if Revan was a woman and had a child, it would be with Carth.

Either way I'm still not persuaded. I'm hoping that the writers could come up with something a bit more imaginative, to be honest.


It's canon that Revan is a man. It's only in the game that Revan can be man, woman, or anything else you want him to be.

SupaCat wrote:You say him or her, but if they have a kid togheter, wouldn't revan be a man? If revan was a woman, she couldn't be with bastilla because gay couples were not implanted in the first Kotor. The point is if revan is going to have a child, he beter be a man. "You narrow-minded person" some might think. They do this without reason, because if you make revan a woman and let her have bastilla, you're changing the previous games.

For me, I like to see revan return like I roleplayed him. Mysterious and strange against others, loving against Bastilla. :rolleyes:


When i said Revan would be protective of him/her i meant the child can be him/her, not Revan or Bastila. Then i said Revan would want Bastila to stay in the Republic with their baby not follow him into the unknown regions. Remember, she didn't do anything to protect the Republic in KOTOR 2, yet in canon she's a lightsider, meaning she can't for some reason, and i bet it's cause she's protecting her baby. You misread it or didn't understand it, and i'd say a little of both! ;) :p
:D [url="http://MarshalNetwork.OurToolbar.com/"]http://MarshalNetwork.OurToolbar.com/[/url]

"Malak is dead—all hail the return of Darth Revan, the true Lord of the Sith!"

User avatar
LordOfSithGods
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:57 pm
Contact:

Postby LordOfSithGods » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:45 am

Has anyone realised why Revan hasn't taken any of his "meatbag" crew members with him to the unknown regions? Remember the last time he took a meatbag with him? What happened...? Malak fell to the dark side and went on a galactic rampage... So i'm guessing that's one of the primary reasons for taking no meatbags. It's probably because he doesn't believe none of them have the strength of will to suppress the darkside, only Revan himself has been able to use dark side powers without falling to the darkside, as Kriea has explained in the previous game (she seems to be able to suppress it like Revan does). The only crew members that he took were the two droids, T3 and HK, but they were ordered to return to give the crew information.
:D [url="http://MarshalNetwork.OurToolbar.com/"]http://MarshalNetwork.OurToolbar.com/[/url]

"Malak is dead—all hail the return of Darth Revan, the true Lord of the Sith!"

User avatar
Darth Exequitor
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 10:10 am
Contact:

Postby Darth Exequitor » Tue May 12, 2009 10:43 am

Here is the thing though; canon states that Revan was redeemed and became a Jedi. he could have ended up in the Vong galaxy for all we know, but he could come back and be disappointed by not finding anything important. Doubtful any of this will happen since the next KOtoR is an MMO.

User avatar
Invisable Man
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:20 am
Location: im behind you ... boo!!!
Contact:

Postby Invisable Man » Wed May 13, 2009 3:23 pm

i just read a litle on the old republic site and it states that all the characters will be long dead well except for driods, but considering its thousands of years later thats not my problem my only real problem is that it states that revan never returned from the unknown reigion, so what does that mean he died there or something im so lost :( :(