Broken World "Excutable" :(

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to any of the titles or expansions within the Dungeon Siege series.
xvaiper7
Broken World "Excutable" :(

Postby xvaiper7 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:27 pm

I 'm playing dungeon siege 2 for some time now and I just got the expansion, Broken World, the installation went smooth and then when I click the link it gives me an error "Dungeon siege game excutable"
I've been looking every where for an answer this seems like my last resort, I beg you please! Help me if you know how, I will upload a picture of the error, here's a link tell me if you know anything.Image

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9435/brokenworldbugpicyr8.jpg

the_bogan

Postby the_bogan » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:55 am

xvaiper7 wrote:I 'm playing dungeon siege 2 for some time now and I just got the expansion, Broken World, the installation went smooth and then when I click the link it gives me an error "Dungeon siege game excutable"
I've been looking every where for an answer this seems like my last resort, I beg you please! Help me if you know how, I will upload a picture of the error, here's a link tell me if you know anything.Image

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9435/brokenworldbugpicyr8.jpg

Which link did you click on to start the game, your existing DS2 icon that you've been using, or a new one?

I've found just opening and closing the CD drive with the disk in launches the start menu. (I might be doing something stupid, but whenever I click the .exe file it would try and start the uninstall program at the same time in DS2)

tom the terribl

Postby tom the terribl » Wed May 02, 2007 7:39 pm

Play Broken World

Play Both DSII and BW. Using the BW cd both games are on the one cd.

Boov

Postby Boov » Tue May 08, 2007 8:26 am

I have the same problem as xvaiper7.

i bought the deluxe edition, installed DS2, went fine. completed it.
upgraded to v2.2 along the way, still fine.
installed DS2:BW, went fine.
tried to play DS2:BW, and i got the same error as xvaiper7.

i was really annoyed because i obviously cant complete the story. i looked on forums and couldn't find anyone else with this same problem, so i thought it might be something with the CD, maybe a corrupt file, i dunno. i took the CD to a friends house and installed it there, along with BW, and there it worked fine.

so i came home, formatted my PC, installed all the drivers + software as i always do, and installed DS2:BW, and it worked! yay

but then after some windows updates, it no longer works :(

here is a screen shot of the next error screen following on from

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1863/errorgg6.jpg

any help would be greatly appreciated

canonymous

Postby canonymous » Fri May 11, 2007 12:37 pm

Are you using the CD that came with Broken Worlds to use DSII?

If you have installed BW, then the disc the program looks for is the BW disc, NOT the original DSII disc.