Calling all Druids and Rangers!

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to BioWare's Neverwinter Nights, its Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark expansion packs, and any user-created or premium modules.
Sellsword
Calling all Druids and Rangers!

Postby Sellsword » Sun Aug 12, 2001 11:53 am

Apart from Eleshar and Tykae Dracae, could all members of the nature wing (all druids and rangers) please post their characters in this topic please (its for the website member roster). Jah-din; I think you'll have to re-do your stats, which don't make sense under the 3rd Edition rules (you can't have a score of seven, for example).

Cheers!

:D
"Security isn't a dirty word Blackadder; crevice is a dirty word, but security isn't."

Craig

Postby Craig » Fri Aug 17, 2001 11:36 am

I think that might be all of em
I'm Devious

This is my Gift. This is my Curse. Who am I? I'm [color="Red"]Sp[/color][color="Blue"]id[/color][color="Red"]er[/color][color="Blue"]Cr[/color][color="Red"]aig[/color]

NeKr0mAnCeR

Postby NeKr0mAnCeR » Fri Aug 17, 2001 1:01 pm

there's that danm voice again!!! :mad: *squish* hmmmm strange it *squish* stoped :confused:
ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

You there! Yes, you! Buck Satan needs you! Join the [url="http://www.svelmoe.dk/botb"]Blades of The Banshee[/url] today!

Xavier45

Postby Xavier45 » Fri Aug 17, 2001 3:54 pm

*squish* yup, it stopped.. we're so mean to craig.. i'm the better one tho. atleast i call.. MEDIC :P :D
Myth Drannor fell and so shall you!
first module i make.. the bathroom!
It's a tit bit Nippy-ly ;)
Top Moron of the Blades of the Banshee

Armadin of Clan Geddin

Postby Armadin of Clan Geddin » Sat Aug 18, 2001 2:54 am

How the stat system be workin', if I may ask?
Armadin Alebane, True Neutral Dwarven Ranger/Bard.

-Maedhros-

Postby -Maedhros- » Sun Aug 19, 2001 10:48 pm

Room for another ranger?

Maedhros
Drow elf fighting with two scimitars, has a pet jaguar , just kidding!

Chaotic Good Elven Ranger
Str 14
Dex 16
Con 10
Int 9
Wis 11
Cha 11

:eek:

seanthony

Postby seanthony » Mon Aug 20, 2001 1:50 am

hey guys, sorry i havent posted here yet! hehe.. I dont really check out NWN forum until..er..today. I normally check out SoA/ToB, of course.

anyway, i just wanna shout out hey to all of u guys.. so yeah... er.. what r we supposed to be discussing anyway? or is this just a role call?

plus.. i think I posted my alignment wrongly in the BoB... apparently I cant be Lawful Good.. so I guess I'm Neutral Good now.. of course.. :)

just a brief info about me.. I'm a druid. period. :)

and Maedros.. good stats.. but I think for a Ranger.. u might wanna have more Const than Dex? Maybe lower your dex to 14 or 15, and boost up ur Const or Str.

Armadin of Clan Geddin

Postby Armadin of Clan Geddin » Mon Aug 20, 2001 3:56 am

Originally posted by Eleshar:
<STRONG>and Maedros.. good stats.. but I think for a Ranger.. u might wanna have more Const than Dex? Maybe lower your dex to 14 or 15, and boost up ur Const or Str.</STRONG>

Hmmm.... Methinks rangers be better off with high dexterity than high constitution. They'll be dual wieldin', which disables 'em from usin' a shield, an', IIRC, requires high dex.
Armadin Alebane, True Neutral Dwarven Ranger/Bard.

seanthony

Postby seanthony » Mon Aug 20, 2001 4:31 am

Armadin: fair enough, but I think for a level 1, 16 dex is pretty high? Well, not really, but one would need to 'balance' things out for the time being. my opinion.

seanthony

Postby seanthony » Mon Aug 20, 2001 4:32 am

oh oh.. and what are we going to do regarding Nippy's new sets of rules, posts and ranks?

average joe

Postby average joe » Mon Aug 20, 2001 11:56 am

Well, if he keeps the high dexterity then he should lower the strength...constitution is the prime requisite of a Ranger. of course, i have no idea how the new rules apply.
Totino's party pizzas rock! All a college kid needs to get by....

-Maedhros-

Postby -Maedhros- » Mon Aug 20, 2001 12:39 pm

I'm trying to keep the stats to the idea of the character. The dex is high because he's an elf and an archer. Strength is high because he is a soldier for the elves. Constitution is lower because he is an elf and he's young for an elf. When I get new stat points I'll put the Con up but it seems more realistic for it to start low at level 1. Con takes longer to build up in real life, while Dex is more like a natural ability. Plus I took into consideration racial modifiers. I'm also gonna push up Wis when I level up because he's a ranger but for level 1 I think the stats make sense.

-Maedhros-

Postby -Maedhros- » Tue Aug 21, 2001 8:53 pm

so how many people are in this wing? how many rangers and how many druids?

seanthony

Postby seanthony » Wed Aug 22, 2001 11:16 am

well, there's one ranger here.. hehe.. actually, visit the Nature Wing's webiste... it's on another thread.. i cant remember the site.. and sign up there. Currently there are officially 4 Ranger/Druids.

-Maedhros-

Postby -Maedhros- » Thu Aug 23, 2001 9:22 am

are the ranger abilities the same in 3rd edition as in 2nd? are dual-wield and stealth still around? does anyone know if there will be ranger kits in the game? (or any kits for that matter)...

Xandax

Postby Xandax » Thu Aug 23, 2001 9:25 am

No kits of any kind - maybe in a sequal/expansion (if they make one) as for the other skills I don't know.

Dual wield is in the game, but if rangers start with it I don't know.
Insert signature here.

HighWatcher Zubie

Postby HighWatcher Zubie » Thu Aug 23, 2001 9:48 am

Rangers get dual weilding bonuses at first level (they almost negate the penalties) but only while wearing light armor.

And stealth doesn't exist anymore no even for rogues (theifs) which a whole new skill system (everyone has infact).

Other than that, rangers get more favored enemies.
Helm sees all. Do not offend him in intent or in deed!

Sellsword

Postby Sellsword » Thu Aug 23, 2001 9:54 am

Find a link to the Nature Wing site in my signature.

;)
"Security isn't a dirty word Blackadder; crevice is a dirty word, but security isn't."

-Maedhros-

Postby -Maedhros- » Thu Aug 23, 2001 12:15 pm

how does weapon proficiency work in the new rules? similiar to 2nd edition at all??

Xandax

Postby Xandax » Thu Aug 23, 2001 12:24 pm

Originally posted by -Maedhros-:
<STRONG>how does weapon proficiency work in the new rules? similiar to 2nd edition at all??</STRONG>

Not at all like 2.ed.

But I can't explain it anygood - so I'll leave that part up to somebody with the PHB :)
Insert signature here.