Direct2Drive is currently running a week-long sale on Tilted Mill's Hinterland: Orc Lords. Until Friday, you can grab the strategy/RPG hybrid for $4.95. A quick summary, in case you're unfamiliar with the game:
Your goal is to lead a handful of peasants to establish a small haven in the wild backcountry of a fantasy kingdom. Bring a diverse cast of followers to your settlement on the edge of the world and then carefully select members of your village to put down their ploughs, leave their comfortable homes, and take whatever weapon they may have at hand to join you on expeditions of exploration and conquest in the surrounding lands. There you’ll encounter the characters and creatures of myth and folklore, and find much needed resources to expand your village whether it be iron to make weapons or a mystic tome to entice a great mage to join you. Should your forays meet with success, fame, fortune and prosperity await. But you must take care, for even the loss of a lowly farmer can spell disaster when harvest time comes.
Can you build a vibrant settlement, lead your people to prosperity, and tame the wild Hinterland?
• Party-based RPG Action - A variety of characters, weapons, and strategies are at your disposal -- will you lead the charge with a devastating two-handed strike, or stand behind the herder in plate mail with your trusty bow?
• Town Building - Choose which of a huge cast of characters will settle in your town and arm them for defense, or give them tools for production.
• Character Development - Develop lowly farmers in to great warriors and customize your character with a variety of specializations to help adventure or improve life in your village.
• Random fantasy world - Each game of Hinterland takes place in a new location for maximum replay with different resources, items and sets of enemies and challenges from orc war camps, dark elf raiding parties, goblin infested mines, ruined cities filled with undead, and more.
• Customizable Gameplay - From a hardcore game to a world without raiders you make the choice about the type of game you want to play.