Category: News ArchiveHits: 1327
When the Onslaught expansion for BioWare's MMORPG Star Wars: The Old Republic goes live on October 22, 2019, it will rekindle the conflict between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, and give you a chance to experience a fresh storyline, play as a Nautolan, participate in new group content, and get your hands on plenty of new rewards.
You can read a detailed overview of all the new stuff below, but first, check out this Twitter announcement that informs us that together with Onslaught's release, the game's earlier Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan expansions will become available to the free-to-play users:
In case you missed it, both the Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan Expansions will be available for all free-to-play players when Onslaught launches on October 22nd! pic.twitter.com/Wr72axV8Ur— The Old Republic (@SWTOR) September 1, 2019
And here's what Onslaught will be bringing to the table:
BATTLE FOR THE FATE OF THE GALAXY
Join the battle for supremacy in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ – Onslaught, the dramatic new digital expansion from BioWare. Unite with your friends or battle alone against deadly enemies both new and old as you aid the faction of your choice in the reignited war for the future of the galaxy. Whether you support your allies as a die-hard Loyalist or undermine them from within as a deadly Saboteur, your choices will decide the fate of the galaxy. Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ – Onslaught is coming October 2019, free to all subscribers!
The armies of the Galactic Republic rally to fend off the overwhelming forces of the Sith Empire as conflict reignites. Both sides are desperate to achieve victory. How far will you go to change the fate of the galaxy?
The Spoils of War
Play your way with the most exciting and diverse selection of gear yet! With all-new Tactical items, new Set Bonuses, and more, you can pick the gear that enhances your personal playstyle and truly make your character your own.
On the ancient world of Onderon, untamed jungles and savage beasts hide a conspiracy that could shatter this planet's ancient allegiance to the Republic forever.
Built in a mined-out asteroid once controlled by the Hutts, Mek-Sha has become a crossroads for the entire galaxy: a lawless den of smugglers, pirates, mercenaries, traders, and refugees where opportunity and danger can be found in equal measure.
The dramatic finale of the expansion storyline takes place in an all-new area on the classic SWTOR planet Corellia, where the Sith Empire and Galactic Republic are engaged in a brutal struggle around a key shipyard facility. Join the battle and explore this deadly battleground alone or as part of a group!
Dxun, Onderon’s largest moon, is teeming with wild and vicious predators, drawing the attention of the unscrupulous Czerka Corporation as well as a band of fanatical Trandoshan hunters. Gather your friends and prepare for one of the galaxy’s greatest challenges!
New Playable Species
To coincide with this release, a new playable species will be added to the game - Nautolans! To unlock the playable Nautolan species at no additional cost, be a Subscriber at any time between September 1st and October 22nd.
THE FIGHT CONTINUES
War between the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire blazes across the galaxy. Crucial resources dwindle as piracy and crime escalate dramatically.
Amid this chaos, the Alliance Commander has the chance to tip the scales in favor of either faction, committing their elite forces to decide the fate of the galaxy. As the Sith Empire prepares to make a decisive strike against a newly-constructed Republic shipyard on the planet Corellia, members of the Dark Council see victory on the horizon and begin plotting against one another in anticipation of the spoils. Meanwhile, Republic forces must race against time to muster reinforcements from across the galaxy in order to defend Corellia from the Sith.
New Group Content
- Join the fight as the Sith Empire and Galactic Republic wage a reignited war to decide the fate of the galaxy!
- Explore the ancient and dangerous planet Onderon, renowned for its deadly jungles and vicious predators.
- Watch your back in the dizzying streets and darkened alleys of Mek-Sha, where anything can be had for the right price.
The Spoils of War
- Form a group of up to four players and deploy to the climactic battleground of Corellia in an all-new Flashpoint!
- Gather your most skilled allies to face the ruthless challenges of the moon Dxun, facing some of the galaxy's deadliest creatures in a new eight or sixteen-player Operation!
- Play your way with exciting new items for max-level players!
- Brand new item type: Tactical items! These rare and powerful items provide unique and never-before-seen effects.
- New set bonuses! Collect full sets of complimentary items to further specialize and enhance your character's playstyle!
- Enhanced Legacy support: all new equipment earned from Onslaught onwards can be easily transferred to alternate characters through the Legacy system!