Category: News ArchiveHits: 438
Back in February, Beamdog announced Axis & Allies Online, a digital adaptation of a popular World War II-themed board game. Now, a month later, you can wishlist the game on Steam, learn all about its features and check out some screenshots. According to the Steam page, the game should be going into Early Access “soon.” During the Early Access phase, the developers plan to improve the game's UI, fix numerous bugs and incorporate some community feedback for the final build.
Here's the official description:
German tanks mobilize in the west, blitzing into France and pushing back the Soviet Union in eastern Europe. The United States rises in response to Japanese aggression in the Pacific. The United Kingdom rallies allies as bombers menace the skies. The year is 1942, and the world is at war!
Axis & Allies Online is the official adaptation of the beloved strategic board game, Axis & Allies, and includes the 1942 Second Edition game board and rules.
Axis & Allies Online accommodates 1-5 players, each controlling one or more of the Axis or Allied powers in multiplayer, one-on-one, pass and play, or AI mode. Players command both their country’s military forces and its war-time economy.
Victory goes to the side that conquers its opponents on the field of battle and occupies the greatest cities of the world. Will the Axis continue to spread across the globe unchecked, or will the Allies rally to push back against imperialistic tyranny? Challenge your friends and change the course of history!
Many ways to play!
- Hotseat play for 2 to 5 players
- Online multiplayer allows you play with allies and enemies across the world
- Challenge yourself against AI
- The complete Axis & Allies 1942 Second Edition experience
- Play in real time or asynchronously
- Optional AI players
- Learn-to-play with easy-to-use tutorials
- Selectable victory conditions
- Keep informed with interactive game guide and war diaries
- Over 20 minutes of all-new period appropriate music