Category: News ArchiveHits: 742
Phoenix Labs' co-operative free-to-play action-RPG Dauntless is currently live in open beta, which means that anyone can download and play the game for free. However, those of you who enjoy collecting physical goodies, can now also purchase a special Collector's Edition and come spring 2019 get your hands on an impressive-looking statue, official art book, some in-game cosmetic items, and more. You can find a preview of the Collector's Edition right here and pre-order it here.
On top of that, the latest patch for the game, apart from fixing the usual assortment of bugs and issues, introduces a new Behemoth to Dauntless' roster and adds some new character customization options. Here are the patch notes:
NEW TO DAUNTLESS
QUALITY OF LIFE
- Scorchstone Hellion has been burning it up in the Maelstrom. Be careful if you choose to pursue this quarry – its command of lava makes it an especially deadly Dire Behemoth.
- Added new curly hairstyles! Slayers now have even more options when designing and customizing their characters.
- Added a new UI for grenade crafting, potion crafting, and Middleman purchases. All three should now be easier to navigate.
- Added some new character customization slides and polished up existing ones. Interact with the mirror in Ramsgate Plaza to open up the character creator and experiment with your look.
- Polished up the VFX on blaze aether explosions.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Skarn’s aether particles from properly covering its vent.
- Fixed a bug that caused fingers to clip through the Unseen Protectors.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Founder’s Cuirass to clip through many things.
- Fixed a bug that caused Riftstalker portal VFX to line up incorrectly.
- Fixed a bug where the repeaters’ impact VFX could sometimes be seen in places other than where the shot occurred.
- Replaced some remaining old Platinum and Notes icons with the stylish new ones.
- Fixed a bug that caused Gnasher flee VFX to appear at the wrong size.
- Fixed a bug that could cause it to sound like there were endless birds fleeing from trees.
- Fixed a bug where certain textures were missing from islands.
- Fixed a bundle of island bugs and did an optimization pass on foliage and fog. They should now be less resource-intensive.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Skarn Boots to display the wrong icon when viewed in the loadout.
- Fixed a bug where the hammer concussive aether blast and VFX weren’t facing the correct direction.
- Fixed a bug where some lantern abilities could be offset from the ground if used near another player.
- Fixed a bug where the the Saboteur’s Grip mine damage was being scaled incorrectly with weapon power, leading to unpredictable damage.
- Fixed a bug where under very high attack speed and some lag, the repeaters could reload twice before getting their ammo.
- Fixed a damage tuning issue where having weapon power far below a Behemoth’s level could result in a matching-element weapon actually being a better damage choice than a neutral weapon.
- Fixed a bug where axe charge attacks could be slowed down if the player has attack speed and dealt damage from another source (such as a lantern).
- Fixed a bug where the Molten Edict’s evasive blast bombs were having their damage scaled via raw weapon Power and increased the damage of Molten Edict’s evasive blast bombs by 20% to compensate for this change
- Colours on the Zaga Bracers and Zaga Greaves are now consistent across the crafting UI and equipped view.
- Smoothed out some Behemoth moves and introduced a fix to make sure that Behemoths that burrow do so more cleanly.
- Jumping will now cancel emotes (as intended).
- Credits screen will play the Drask animated background/video again.