Category: News ArchiveHits: 432
Focus Home Interactive and Deck13's Dark Souls-inspired sci-fi action-RPG The Surge will be getting its Western-themed expansion entitled The Good, the Bad, and the Augmented on October 2, 2018, and if you'd like to see a bunch of promotional screenshots ahead of that and get a glimpse of desperado robots, holographic ghost trains, and portable coffins, then you should check out this Steam announcement.
And then, if you're more interested in the expansion's new features, you can click here and read about the new stage modifiers coming to the game. Have a look:
Welcome to a new article unveiling more about The Surge's newest expansion - The Good, the Bad, and the Augmented, coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC October 2.
In the bowels of the CREO facility, you'll explore an old and abandoned Quality Assurance lab created to push CREO’s tech to the limit. Warren will face Dr. Rischboter’s deadly test chambers that, for some reason, feel like torn straight out of a twisted Wild West TV show!
The mad doctor’s training rooms are accessible through several access points spread over the environments of the base game. The testing chambers are numbered from 1 to 9, each room being more difficulty to finish than the previous one, but also more rewarding.
Each stage can be customized with a series of modifiers which also alter the rewards for beating the room. As shown in the screenshot below, you can combine up to 4 of 16 insane modifiers available. You can pick a maximum of one modifier for each row.
Here is the list of modifiers and their effects:
At the end of each stage, fight against distinct Challengers, powerful opponents forged from the training scenarios who are equipped with 30 unique new equipment pieces – armors, weapons, and implants - that you can take for yourself!
- Dynamo - Constant energy fluctuations
- Lactose Tolerant - After losing health, recollect it as cheesy treats. No injections available.
- Free Healthcare - Med packs scattered throughout the levels. No injections available.
- Leech - Player and enemies steal each other's life. No injectable use.
- Vintage - Sped-up black & white fun, just like the good old days. No sound effects.
- Chrono-Master - Performing moves makes time move faster than normal and increase the damage you deal. If you do nothing or get hit, it'll slow down again.
- Combo Maker - Perfect combos increase damage, failed combos decrease it.
- Rush Hour - A timer is set on Warren's life. Successful kills buy him more time.
- Short Fuse - If you don't cut limbs, enemies will go out with a bang!
- Danger Close - Dying enemies drop power cores.
- Fire and Brimstone - Fire traps scattered all around the facility.
- Epicenter - Every once in a while, a flame pit opens up right below Warren.
- Polterguys - Invisible enemies, visible weapons, losta pain!
- Arms Race - Auto-equip the weapon of the last killed enemy.
- Cut-And-Go - Enter the episode without any armor, cut limbs to instantly equip the enemy's armor.
- Black Belt - Dispense pain with your bare firsts - and look like a real drunken master! Hitting armored body parts will wound you.
The harder and crazier the modifiers, the better the rewards! Each gear from The Good, The Bad and The Augmented has an upgraded V2 version, some have even better hidden upgrades!