Category: News ArchiveHits: 693
If you're interested in a proper roguelike RPG with a rather pleasant tileset, procedurally generated open world to explore, and NPCs to recruit and learn about, the team at Ink Stains Games has brought Stoneshard, a game that offers all of the above, to Kickstarter. Their initial goal is a modest $30,000, with stretch goals going up as high as $200,000. The current plan is to release the game by Q2-Q3 2019, but already there's a free playable prologue available, offering several hours worth of gameplay so that you know exactly what you're getting into. There's also an introductory gameplay trailer:
Here are the game's key features and you can take it from there:
Stoneshard is an open-world roguelike RPG with immense tactical freedom, survival elements and in-depth follower system, set in a grim medieval world.
Inspired by legendary classic titles such as Diablo and ADOM and modern games like The Banner Saga and Darkest Dungeon, Stoneshard invites you to shape the future of the kingdom of Aldor… And die a lot.
We need your help to bring Stoneshard to every modern platform with Steam Early Access as a starting point.
- Embark on the adventure through a vast procedurally-generated medieval world
- Lead a Caravan of valiant allies and expand your following
- Struggle with physical or psychological traumas and aid them with medicine or drugs
- Upgrade and customize your character any way you want to
- Wage war to vampires, undead and mercenaries with 100+ weapons
- Follow the will of ancient Gods and gain some of their power in return
- Return to the journey with a new hero after your character dies in battle