Category: News ArchiveHits: 1996
Beamdog's Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has received a new Head Start patch that mostly focuses on bugfixing, while the developers continue to work on adding new features to the game. Beamdog's Trent Oster and Phil Daigle go over a few of these upcoming features in their latest livestream, where they also ask for additional player input and answer some mod-related questions. Check it out:
Or read the recap on the Beamblog.
And here are the patch notes for the latest patch:
- Fixed a rare case where custom content with empty scripts in the caching list would trigger a nullptr dereference.
- Fixed three more memleaks in ResMan, in Party Object handling, and in mouse cursor loading respectively.
- Fixed a client crash on game exit related to the ingame messages UI.
- A serious issue with shadow edges generation has been fixed. Complex custom models, like some Project Q creatures, would show visual corruption. In 1.69, this resulted in writing to invalid memory and likely triggered random client crashes.
- TXI command rotatetexture was not handled properly in the new shaders; as a result, some models had misaligned textures (cf. city interior carpets). This is now fixed.
- SetName used to crash when multiple players were online. It doesn’t anymore.
- We missed sending updated area names to load screens and the DM chooser list.