Category: News ArchiveHits: 492
The newly released free Online Fight Pits update for Monolith's open-world action-RPG Middle-earth: Shadow of War does exactly what it says on the tin and allows your Orc followers to fight other players' Orc followers in the game's Fight Pits. This short trailer offers a preview of how that will work:
This update is accompanied by a new 1.07 patch that improves the overall Fight Pit pacing and fixes a few other assorted issues. Here are the patch notes:
Free Content Update and Features (Included in the patch)
Online Fight Pits
- The Online Fight Pits allows players to train up their Orc followers by pitting them against Uruks and Ologs from other gamers’ armies around the world. Through this ultimate fight to the death in the arena, players can earn powerful rewards and upgrades that can be used to improve their army and continue the battle for Mordor.
Improved Fight Pit pacing
- Shortened fight timer and increased damage dealt.
- Starting a Nemesis Mission will now reset the cooldown for summoning beasts and bodyguards.
- Fixed an issue where player gear and buffs were affecting Fight Pit participants.
- Fixed issues where players’ Overlords could disappear from the Army screen after losing a fortress.
- Fixed issues where an Orc who cheated death after a Pit Fight loss could fail to re-enter the Army screen.
- Fixed an issue where loading into an Online Vendetta could result in becoming stuck on a black screen.
- Fixed a long load time issue when selecting “Leave Mission” during an Online Vendetta or Online Conquest.
- Fixed issues with incorrect Orc traits being shown in the Online Conquests preview menu.
- Fixed an incorrect error message when replacing a daily challenge.
- Fixed a campaign audio issue when accessing the first Shadow of the Past Mission.