Category: News ArchiveHits: 797
We've been well aware of the fact that Dreadlocks' side-scrolling cyberpunk RPG Dex would be coming to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One this year, but thanks to the availability of a new press release today from publisher BadLand Games, we now have a definitive date of July 8th to mark on our calendars. Check out the announcement trailer:
And here are the full details, for those of you looking to fire up the game in your living room:
2D Cyberpunk RPG "Dex" Coming in July to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One
Madrid, Spain (June 22nd, 2016) - After Dex ' s succesful launch on PC, Dreadlocks studio has partnered with Spanish publishing company BadLand Games to release Dex on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on July 8th. A PlayStation 4 physical version will be released in select territories worldwide. PlayStation Vita and Wii U versions are also planned for release later this year.
Dex is a cyberpunk 2D side-scrolling RPG following the story of an AI, Dex, and her quest for Singularity, a theoretical “event horizon” in which artificial intelligence will surpass human intelligence.
Chased by corporate mercs, without a clue as to why, Dex gets thrown into a web of intrigue, leading her to question the origins of her own existence. A trio of hacktivists help her in her quest — the mysterious Raycast, the protective Decker and the light-minded Tony. Only you get to decide how the story ends. The outskirts of the city are plagued by crime, poverty and filth. Out there, every day is a new struggle for survival. The wealthier districts are full of skyscrapers and bustling businesses. Yet beneath the sleek exterior, another war is going on, as powerful corporations are constantly at each other's throats. Woe to those who become entangled in their conspiracies.
The streets of Harbor Prime offer countless opportunities. In this open world, you get to influence the fate of everyone you meet, fight against dangerous gangs, expose corporate secrets, dive into the depths of Cyberspace, develop Dex's skills, and much more.
- Rare melding of realism and creative vision: Realistic action, mature storyline, and complex character interactions meld with hand-drawn characters, animations, and locations, arcade-style melee combat, and an original conception of cyberspace.
- Multiple solutions to problems: Operate in cyberspace or normal reality. Overcome obstacles using skills, weapons, special equipment…
- Meaningful character progression choices: Will you be a silent assassin, a hacker, or a straightforward gunfighter? Improve your character and gear to unlock gameplay-changing upgrades that reinforce and customize your gameplay style.
- Unique hacking mechanic: Transfer your consciousness to your avatar, overcome intrusion countermeasures, take action, and then return back to your body in a fraction of a real-time second to see the results – deactivated turrets, overloaded devices, enemies with crippled implants…
- Neo-cyberpunk: Story deeply inspired by the cyberpunk novels of William Gibson and other classical cyberpunk authors, flavored with a contemporary concept of augmented reality.
- Rich game world and mindful level design: Visit diverse locations in Harbor Prime, a futuristic city complete with luxurious skyscrapers, run-down shantytowns, and seedy red-light districts. Take part in street brawls, steal corporate data, overcome environmental hazards, and, of course, stay alive – no easy task.
- Full voice acting: Interactive dialogues using hand-drawn sprite animations, fully voice-acted by professional actors.