Category: News Archive
Written by BuckGB
Accompanying several new screenshots from Kalypso and bitComposer's Jagged Alliance: Crossfire is a press release announcing that the standalone expansion pack will be released on an undisclosed day sometime during the next month. Not too long of a wait, in other words:
Grab Your Guns! Jagged Alliance: Crossfire Arriving in September
Ridgewood, NJ, August 1, 2012 - It's time to put a team and a plan together and get ready to hit the battlefield, as Kalypso Media USA will release Jagged Alliance: Crossfire, the tactical military RPG, this September. Jagged Alliance: Crossfire is a stand-alone expansion to Jagged Alliance: Back in Action, and features all new maps, mercs and missions to challenge players' tactical prowess. Hire and equip new teams of mercenaries, drop them into the snow-swept landscapes of the fictional nation of Khanpaa, and put two rounds in the faces of the oppressors of the people.
Jagged Alliance: Crossfire is a stand-alone expansion to the hit tactical RPG Jagged Alliance: Back in Action. Crossfire adds new mercenaries, new environments and new weapons to challenge the player's battlefield planning skills, while offering a combination of humorous dialog and realistic combat that fans have come to expect from the series' decade-long history.
Khanpaa, a peaceful and tranquil nation, is being held in the terrifying iron grip of a group of paid mercenaries…yet the United Nations looks the other way. UN ambassador Behnam Atiqullah tries to help his home country, but there is not much he can do. Military intervention from a major world power seems not to be an option and Khanpaa appears all alone…
That’s where you come in! As the strategic genius behind your own personal Private Military Corporation, you’ve offered to help by bringing in your team of skilled mercenaries to retake the tormented nation of Khanpaa! Help the oppressed people by hiring a team of hardened guns-for-hire and prepare for battle in treacherously frozen mountain badlands. Along the way, discover why Khanpaa has been turned into a bloody battlefield and who aims to truly profit.
• Tactical combat at its finest, using the enhanced “Plan n Go” system of plotting your team's moves strategically, then executing them in nail-biting real time
• 10 new mercenaries round out your team, completing a roster of more than 50 distinct combatants with unique skills, weaknesses and quirky personalities
• 10 new maps set in the unforgiving, frozen countryside of the mountain nation of Khanpaa, will challenge your planning skills -- rocky mountain terrain, narrow valleys and icy cliffs will provide new cover opportunities, chokepoints and offer optimum ambush points
• 15+ hours of gameplay across a brand new standalone campaign with a broad variety of missions
• New weapons, enemies and equipment - supplies are scarce, and your mercenaries will have to make the most of outdated weapons, limited supplies and equipment
• Enjoy the Jagged Alliance series as never before with vastly improved graphics, enhanced AI behavior, optional line-of-sight/fog of war, a polished interface and numerous performance and gameplay updates
About The Kalypso Media Group
Founded in 2006 in Germany by industry veterans Simon Hellwig and Stefan Marcinek, Kalypso Media is a global, independent developer, marketer and publisher of interactive entertainment software with 120 employees world-wide.
Along with Headquarters in Worms, Germany, the company has offices in the United Kingdom and the United States. Kalypso Media also enjoys very strong global digital distribution through its Kalypso Media Digital Ltd. office and owns three development studios – Realmforge Studios GmbH, Gaming Minds Studios GmbH and Noumena Studios GmbH – and works with multiple leading independent developers.
Kalypso Media‘s titles include the critically acclaimed Tropico 4, Sins of a Solar Empire, and Dungeons. Upcoming multi-platform titles include Port Royale 3, Omerta - City of Gangsters, DARK and The Dark Eye - Demonicon along with Legends of Pegasus for PC.
Further information about Kalypso Media is available at http://www.kalypsomedia.com.