Search found 339 matches

by jklinders
Mon May 31, 2010 9:57 am
Forum: Mass Effect Series
Topic: Mass Effect 1: I don't get it
Replies: 7
Views: 7509

Are you spending points in your class abilities? What class are you playing? Difficulty has a tendency to level off once you start to get decent gear and enough skill points. You say you only have training in pistols, sounds like you might be an adept, engineer, or sentinel. In any case you need to ...
by jklinders
Thu May 27, 2010 7:28 am
Forum: Neverwinter Nights 2
Topic: "Miss" Monk
Replies: 39
Views: 6962

While circle kick is not a monk skill per ce, you need advanced unarmed strike and +3 to attack and +15 dex to get it. Maybe at level 8 you don't have the prerequisites yet. I seem to remember having it by that stage of the game though. It in the guide under "general feats"
by jklinders
Wed May 26, 2010 7:11 am
Forum: Neverwinter Nights 2
Topic: "Miss" Monk
Replies: 39
Views: 6962

If you have not yet bought circle kick as a feat, get it as soon as possible. That free attack it gives you is a godsend when you are surrounded. monks can attack up to 5 times a round, so there is a near certainty of it triggering once per round. Don't neglect your "sense skills". Getting 2 shotted...
by jklinders
Sun May 23, 2010 6:06 am
Forum: Speak Your Mind
Topic: Sloths
Replies: 1
Views: 586

Sloths have never been a cute animal to me. I actually think they are a bit nasty what with the green hair they grow as camouflage and all. But yeah, whoever shot that video did the seemingly impossible and made them impossibly cute. Fact is I should feel a bit of kinship with them for right now. I ...
by jklinders
Fri May 21, 2010 9:09 am
Forum: Mass Effect Series
Topic: Garrus Loyalty Mission
Replies: 2
Views: 1146

Some platforms should rise up on the left as you approach the edge. then you have to do that weird wall hug climb move to climb up because no one jumps in ME except in cutscenes. ;)
by jklinders
Sun May 16, 2010 5:16 pm
Topic: Death sentence over China kindergarten attack
Replies: 12
Views: 1086

I only pick up tidbits here and there about the lunacy of how the laws function in other countries. Heck it's silly enough around here. I just hope we don't start incarcerating as many people up here for silly "crimes" as are in the US. At $100,000+/head/year that can get mighty expensive mighty qui...
by jklinders
Sun May 16, 2010 5:05 pm
Topic: A Sad Day for Metal Fans Worldwide
Replies: 5
Views: 1272

Damn. you know metal has been around just long enough for us to soon see more giants of the genre fall. Don't really want to think about it right now.

RIP Dio.
by jklinders
Sun May 16, 2010 2:31 pm

One more thing, many prisons are private in our country, so there are incentives to incarcerating more and more people (because it makes money), and so we actually have an overcrowding problem. Prisoners that are easier to maintain in these hotel-jails are preferred, coupled with Regan's idiotic "w...
by jklinders
Sun May 16, 2010 10:51 am

Yeah, I should point out that I am strongly in favour of life meaning life in terms of sentencing; in this country 'Life imprisonment' usually means between 5 and 25 years, a complete farce! I'm with you there. The reason I cannot come to a clear conclusion on the issue myself is because there is n...
by jklinders
Sun May 16, 2010 10:30 am
Topic: Education, free or not?
Replies: 74
Views: 3874

endboss is right, celibacy can give people some strange ideas, like gays making priests into pedophiles, or dry wafers and wine magically turning into 2000-year-old zombie Jew flesh so people can eat it - everyone knows a good red deserves better. If I'm in charge of religion we're gonna make it a ...
by jklinders
Sat May 15, 2010 1:11 pm
Topic: American irony
Replies: 58
Views: 4843

Maine GOP Forced To Apologize After Convention-Goers Vandalize An Eighth-Grade Classroom lol *Sigh* I live within a days drive of these yahoos. Too close to home, way way too close to home. Glad to see there are at least SOME teachers down there who would DARE to teach critical thinking though. It'...
by jklinders
Sat May 15, 2010 11:24 am

I doubt there is any objective way to judge the fairness of the trial that happened there. The only unfair trial in my opinion is one where justice is not served. lots of those around here where wealth buys a long drawn out trial with appeal after appeal and never sees the inside of a cell. politici...
by jklinders
Sat May 15, 2010 11:05 am

I don't like those odds. Something like 95% of folks were drawers of water and hewers of wood. Oh well to fencing class I go ;)
by jklinders
Sat May 15, 2010 1:12 am

That was fine if you were a noble and not a serf. For my part I kind of like having central heat that does not come from the center of a live pig in winter. Not to mention something other than dirt for a floor. ;)
by jklinders
Tue May 04, 2010 12:32 pm
Topic: Lot's of spam lately
Replies: 1
Views: 414

I read ya. There is a topic about it in the gamebanshee discussion forum, there was some kind of glitch in the registration process that they had to resolve by opening the gate to the spam bots for a brief window, that or delete some legitimate accounts. I guess they chose the lesser of 2 evils ther...
by jklinders
Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:46 pm
Topic: Student Gets 20 Years for Hacking Palin's Email
Replies: 5
Views: 550

Well the charge could mean up to 20 years. The hacking charge was relatively minor by comparison to the obstruction of justice. He should be punished, but as a likely first time offender he will likely not get the book thrown at him. Sidenote, he did the US a public service by exposing the fact that...
by jklinders
Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:17 pm

Politics are very much a bloodsport down there. I provided consumer and tech support for a US based company. We are at the direction of the client NOT to discuss religion or politics with customers even if they bring it up. A person could easily get shot for having the wrong opinion in the wrong pla...
by jklinders
Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:44 pm

Sorry Ode, but the good news is Rush Limbaugh promised to leave the country if the health care bill became law. So his place should be available... ...aaaaany day now. (taps finger waiting for him to leave) Whoa whoa whoa buddy. We still have Harper up here. He might find the climate better for him...
by jklinders
Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:57 pm

You are right it is all just opinion. I made no assumptions about your opinion of me. You said this forum makes it look like all gamers are politically retarded. I am included in that. There are some extremely well read people in this community so a blanket statement like that is not warranted. I di...
by jklinders
Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Sorry if I'm an @ss; but how exactly did Obama save our banking system? Yeah I know my post's have been off topic and I'm flaming terribly but you are really gonna complain about a palin/beck ticket? Sorry to burst your bubble but she has more experience then Obama, whether or not you like her poli...