Search found 4969 matches

by Kipi
Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:02 am
Forum: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Topic: Dragons
Replies: 2
Views: 1305

From personal experience I recommend using fast travel between towns to trigger dragons more frequently. Mind you, I have only witnessed a dragon actually inside a town once, otherwise it's always outside the town. Around half of the times I fast travel to the town's gates I get attacked by the drag...
by Kipi
Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:14 pm
Forum: Announcements & Feedback
Topic: Can't Seem To Find My Way Around
Replies: 9
Views: 3866

Hi Lemmus Thank you for the suggestions. I did shut down all the add-ons for Firefox but it made no difference. Since I have the same problem using IE, I think it must be something else with the OS or maybe with my anti-virus program. I'll turn that off and see what happens. And thanks for the link...
by Kipi
Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:34 pm
Topic: Link problem in blog section
Replies: 1
Views: 1529

Link problem in blog section

I noticed a strange problem today; when viewing the list of my own blog entries and clicking the button to see the second page (five entries in first page, two in second page) the button tries to take me to the following link: http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/blogs/a/index2.html The link is basical...
by Kipi
Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:58 pm
Forum: Two Worlds Series
Topic: Two Worlds II English DVD
Replies: 2
Views: 1508

I know TW2 is available on Steam, but does anyone have any idea why it is not available in English, at a resonable price, on DVD??? jdr37 Not sure why it's not available at your location but here in Finland you can get it around 40€. It could also be that not many shops are replenishing the stocks ...
by Kipi
Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:48 am
Forum: Deus Ex Series
Topic: Ads Quietly Added to Deus Ex
Replies: 7
Views: 7172

The ads don't bother me at least. Why would you avoid a very good game just because of small thing like that? Also, Solaries, you might to recheck the [url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/announcements-and-feedback-8/forum-rules-please-read-before-posting-116572.html"]forum rules[/url] as well. E...
by Kipi
Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:11 am
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Need a little help
Replies: 4
Views: 1439

That message comes when your computer is running scandisk (or checkdisk, whichever it is in latest Windows). What the message means is that the software is deleting some files that were left in memory due crash which aren't used anymore. So basically it's just recovering the used memory from data no...
by Kipi
Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:19 pm
Forum: The Witcher Series
Topic: Storage bin
Views: 3010

Well, I can confirm that after patch 1.3, there is a chest for storage in the inn in Flotsam. But what I'd like to know is, after act 1, do the contents transfer to the next inn(s) in later acts? Will there be another storage chest in another inn later on, or was this an act 1 thing only? Because b...
by Kipi
Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:18 am
Topic: Wrong way round..help!
Replies: 34
Views: 6174

Welcome to the GameBanshee! Next time, please put SPOILER in the title, as your question is giving out some major spoilers about that specific quest. Now, for your question, IIRC you don't have to kill Ramsmeat if you have already visited the cemetery and got the quest update from there. If my memor...
by Kipi
Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:06 pm
Topic: disappointed/stuck early/need help
Replies: 6
Views: 2402

Thanks, Forever equals 2 days ago is when the game arrived. Amazons limited tracking showed it stayed in 1 city for 8 days. The game was pre-ordered. Yeah, I understand that you got annoyed, though delivering across the world may take some time. Haven't dealt with Amazon personally ever, but here a...
by Kipi
Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:39 am
Topic: disappointed/stuck early/need help
Replies: 6
Views: 2402

Disappointed because: -Amazon took forever to deliver the collectors edition -whoever designed the packaging didnt allow for it to travel half way around the planet.. the statue suffered chipping. You should send a complain to Amazon. It's not developers fault if Amazon fails to use delivery method...
by Kipi
Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:32 am
Topic: Doing quest in Witcher
Views: 1272

The quests from bulletin board are optional, and can be done in any moment and in any order as long as you do them during the first chapter.

I usually did all the optional quests as soon as possible to avoid accidentally finishing the chapter before the quests are done.
by Kipi
Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:13 pm
Topic: Custom avatar problem
Replies: 5
Views: 4525

Okay, have done some more testing, and it seems that the custom avatar is broken here in GB. I can use any avatar from the preset list fine, but every time I try to use custom avatar I just get the invalid file -error. The interesting thing is that the avatars, which don't work here, work fine in ot...
by Kipi
Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:46 pm
Topic: The Witcher 2 walkthrough
Replies: 9
Views: 10338

As The Witcher 2 is quite a big game it will definitely take some time to write a good, detailed walkthrough. All I can suggest is to be patient, finding everything from the game is not a easy task, and then all those information must be written in understandable form, as well as annotated maps must...
by Kipi
Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:40 pm
Forum: Speak Your Mind
Topic: What book are you reading?
Replies: 27
Views: 6613

Oh and I am going to be 30 in three or so weeks. A preliminary happy birthday to you too Kipi, because I am going to forget. Heh, thanks, same to you too! It's wonder how time flies. Back to the topic, I'm currently reading Toll The Hounds from The Malazan Book of the Fallen -series, written by Ste...
by Kipi
Mon May 30, 2011 7:33 am
Forum: RPG User Reviews
Topic: The Witcher
Replies: 3
Views: 2844

Minigames Like any good RPG The Witcher also introduces few minigames. In this case there are only two, and both are only used to gain money. The fighting, which is more or less boxing, is the easier one. Player challenges the opponent, accepts the bet and then fights. The controls are quite simple...
by Kipi
Mon May 30, 2011 7:33 am

The Story This section contains some spoilers. You can skip this part if you want to avoid those In The Witcher the player controls the character called Geralt, member of small guild of witchers. The witchers are basically group of mercenaries who will hunt down any kind of monsters for the price. ...
by Kipi
Mon May 30, 2011 7:31 am

The Witcher

The Witcher is Polish RPG developed by CD Projekt RED STUDIO and published by CD Projekt in Poland and by Atari in the rest of the world during the October 2007. The game takes place in the world created by the Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski. For this review I used the Enhanced Edition of the game,...
by Kipi
Fri May 27, 2011 8:32 am
Topic: Heroes of Might and Magic V
Replies: 11
Views: 5412

After giving it some thought (aka not being drunk for once!).. Look at us, bitching about a non-RPG review, when we do absolutely nothing. As far as i am concerned, one could review chess titans here, and it should still be praised, seeing as the entire forum is dead. The few of us still visiting i...
by Kipi
Wed May 25, 2011 3:25 am

I was considering that too, but as HoMM5, as the whole series, is RPG/strategy hybrd and, as stated in the review rules, all games listed in [url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/games.html"]here[/url] can be reviewed here, I decided to post this review here. But, if the consensus is that games like HoMM...
by Kipi
Tue May 24, 2011 1:42 pm

As far as I was able to figure out the latest version of HoMM5 is 1.6, and none of the problems I mentioned in review has been fixed. Mind you, some of the problems may have been fixed in expansion, but as this review was about the vanilla game I did not cover those at all. That's because I tend to ...