Search found 193 matches

by Greywulf
Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:08 pm
Forum: The Witcher Series
Topic: W2: Executioner ability requirements
Replies: 4
Views: 2283

*drumroll* Got it! So, after all is said and done I had to replay the prologue as well because... *drumroll again* ...You have to kill Aryan LaValette in order to get the executioner ability. And then, it is safe to say, you must kill Adam Pangratt, let Roche kill Henselt, let the ghost kill Rupert ...
by Greywulf
Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:18 pm
Topic: What aspects of tw 1 transfer to tw 2 with the saves?
Replies: 7
Views: 3187

All I noticed were my swords (Aerondight and Gwalhir) and my armor (Raven (neutral version).
by Greywulf
Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:57 am

One more time! Killed Malena in the ruins Gave Vencel the real formula, but killed him once he revealed what it was for. Let the ghost kill Rupert and Gridley. Did not kill Mavrick - helped him kill the spirits. Killed Pangratt. Roche killed Henselt. And ta-da: [SPOILER]Still no executioner ability!...
by Greywulf
Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:16 pm

Still no executioner ability! Here's the overview of what I did in my replay : Malena - told the soldiers monsters killed the guards, followed Malena into her trap, tracked her down and killed her afterward Rupert and Gridley - allowed the ghost to lure them into its trap and kill them Vencel Pugg ...
by Greywulf
Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:51 am

Heavy spoilers! Well, I can say this: I played through act 2 (having let Mavrick live) and by the time it was all over (Henselt dead at Roche's hand), I did NOT get the executioner ability. Looks like I'll be replaying it with Mavrick getting killed to make sure. Here's the overview of what I did :...
by Greywulf
Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:28 am

W2: Executioner ability requirements

Basically, does Mavrick have to die in order for me to get this ability? In Act 1, I let the spirit kill Gridley and Rupert and I let the guards have Malena. Now I'm in Act 2 and have the Little Sisters quest. It seems that I have to fail the quest in order for Mavrick to die, but I'm not sure if th...
by Greywulf
Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:56 am
Topic: Storage bin
Views: 3001

Storage in Flotsam Well, I can confirm that after patch 1.3, there is a chest for storage in the inn in Flotsam. But what I'd like to know is, after act 1, do the contents transfer to the next inn(s) in later acts? Will there be another storage chest in another inn later on, or was this an act 1 th...
by Greywulf
Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:28 am
Topic: Witcher 2: What books do I need to buy?
Replies: 2
Views: 5867

Witcher 2: What books do I need to buy?

I'm in Act 1 of Witcher 2 Does buying and reading books update my journal or do anything, or are they just for flavor? For example: I know that the Nekker and Endrega books may help move those contracts along, but I can get the same effect from just killing enough of the beasts - hence, the books ar...
by Greywulf
Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:27 am
Topic: Mikolaj and Filip
Replies: 1
Views: 1054

Mikolaj and Filip

In Witcher 2, Act 1, in the town of Flotsam, near the blacksmith, two characters are discussing whether or not the witcher would be willing to listen to their offer. Their names appear as [PL] Mikolaj and [PL] Filip. I don't know the signifigance of the [PL] that precedes their names. If you talk to...
by Greywulf
Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:06 pm
Forum: General RPG Discussion
Topic: Gothic II - Don't buy it.
Replies: 23
Views: 10405

Don't play it?!?!? I wanted to post a bit of a rebuttal to this thread since I am a big fan of Gothic, and I think that the game is one of the best out there. Gothic 2 is like Morrowind with a more medieval/less alien feel. It is large and free-form, like Morrowind, but not quite as big. Like Morro...
by Greywulf
Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:27 pm
Forum: Speak Your Mind
Topic: The Updated Anatomy of GameBanshee Members - No Spam
Replies: 483
Views: 116295

Sex: male Age: 35 Height:5'9" Hair:dark blonde - alternates between long and short Foot Size:9.5 Origin:mixed European: German, Irish, French, Russian, Polish Interests: CRPGs, martial arts, writing, nature, football, heavy metal, food Dislikes : cell phone junkies, traffic Alignment: NG Current Cri...
by Greywulf
Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:39 pm
Topic: Is the RPG genre decaying?
Replies: 10
Views: 1202

I think that CRPGs are doing great. I looooved the BG and IWD series when they came out - it was my first return to RPGs since PnP D&D in the early 80's and they completely satisfied my desires and dreams of what the game should be - it was awesome. I wasn't familiar with Diablo then, and since then...
by Greywulf
Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:17 pm
Topic: Wich new RPG to buy
Replies: 24
Views: 2440

(Resurrecting older thread) Best new RPG to buy? In 2003, there have only been a few I've bought (and one FPS), but I've liked them all: Bloodmoon expansion for Morrowind Shadows of Undrentide and Hordes of the Underdark expansions for Neverwinter Nights Temple of Elemental Evil (yes, I actually lik...
by Greywulf
Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:09 pm
Topic: Best storyline?
Replies: 21
Views: 2515

PST was clearly one of the most creative and intelligent storylines ever, but I also really enjoyed the huge plot and universe of the Morrowind series - perhaps the story concepts weren't entirely original, but the game universe and game mechanics were, and that made for an utterly engrossing experi...
by Greywulf
Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:51 pm
Topic: Fun RPG advice
Views: 1060

If you liked the BG games and you liked Morrowind, you will like Gothic 2 - you don't get to do as much character customization, but the graphics, plot, and gaming will thrill you. And no, you don't need Gothic 1, although the characters and plot are carried over, it doesn't matter in the game. And ...
by Greywulf
Tue Sep 21, 2004 6:44 pm
Topic: 'Most' immersing game
Replies: 11
Views: 1407

Games I've played: Baldur's Gate series, Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale series, Neverwinter Nights series, Morrowind series, Gothic 1 and 2, Arcanum, Sacred, Pool of Radiance, Temple of Elemental Evil, and Doom 3. I've gotta admit - there isn't a single one of these that I didn't play obsessively ...
by Greywulf
Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:38 am
Forum: Arcanum
Topic: Passion root other than in Stillwater?
Views: 1704

Heh- I backtracked through Stillwater merchants and so forth to no avail. However, in the course of exploring map areas, at some point Sogg must've come across one in the wild and he picked it up... good ole' Sogg!
by Greywulf
Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:47 am
Topic: Passion root other than in Stillwater?
Views: 1704

Passion root other than in Stillwater?

I must've sold the passion root from Geshtianna's Temple in Stillwater, and I can't figure out where else to get it. None of the merchants carry it.

Any suggestions as to where I might get some (for the Ancient Gods quest)?

Thanks.
by Greywulf
Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:45 am
Topic: Sogg or Magnus?
Views: 1535

Sogg. He's more agreeable and less likely to comment regardless of who or what you kill or do.
by Greywulf
Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:45 am
Topic: Tollo Underhill
Views: 3932

Gotcha. The GB walkthrough makes it look like the secret entrance is in the Dernholm map and that's what threw me off.

Thanks.