Search found 3141 matches

by Nightmare
Thu May 19, 2011 3:07 pm
Forum: The Witcher Series
Topic: TW2 savegame import brings over your ORENS???
Replies: 10
Views: 3460

I got a savegame from TW1 off the internet with choices I wanted rather than replay the first game, but yeah, I had over 250,000 orens transfer over. I made to some merchants at the beginning of Chapter 1 with the orens (and the good equipment you can carry over too), and I felt the same way, that I...
by Nightmare
Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:33 pm
Forum: General RPG Discussion
Topic: Good game. No one playing it?
Replies: 15
Views: 3359

The best game I can compare it to is Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines; it'll be more of a cult hit in the future. I really enjoyed the game when I played it, and it had the same attributes as V:tMB, like sometimes-shoddy gameplay with fantastic writing and story. All in all, it felt like playing...
by Nightmare
Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:45 pm
Forum: Speak Your Mind
Topic: (Inter)National Figures
Replies: 14
Views: 1014

Also: [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Lewis"]Stephen Lewis[/url]... perhaps best known for his AIDS/HIV work in Africa. He spoke at my convocation last summer, the man does angry passion like no other. Adding another Canadian to the list (and the other speaker from my convocation, in fac...
by Nightmare
Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:46 pm
Forum: Dragon Age Series
Topic: DragonAge mod guide
Replies: 40
Views: 23153

Good to know about the Extra Dog Slot mod, I've been using it so far without any hiccups.

Been using quite a lot of the mods listed here too, all without conflicts (so far).

I'd like to echo the sentiment that this topic should be sticky. :)
by Nightmare
Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:24 pm
Forum: Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
Topic: Mods under windows 7
Replies: 2
Views: 1097

If I remember correctly, I would uninstall the G3 Widescreen mod first, and reinstall it LAST, since it's supposed to be done last, right?

These mods, and many other mods, should work fine with Windows 7. As long as the game itself runs fine, you won't have any problems after installing the mods.
by Nightmare
Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:11 pm
Forum: Announcements & Feedback
Topic: Condensing "Featured RPGs"
Replies: 12
Views: 1895

Although... there go two of my subforums. It seems I have inadvertently devastated my own modship with my suggestion. You just want less work. We see through your deception! On topic, I don't mind the idea of condensing some of the less used forums, but I generally agree that having each game/serie...
by Nightmare
Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:39 pm
Forum: Star Wars: KotOR
Topic: Best KotOR game
Replies: 6
Views: 3000

Voted for the second game, for reasons that have been posted countless times. [url="http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-46/kotor-vs-kotor-2-spoilers-59130.html"]See this topic for details.[/url]
by Nightmare
Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:58 am
Topic: How Did You Choose? (spoilers)
Replies: 8
Views: 3411

I decided to get them hitched, since I figured it was the best of both worlds. Then, I wasn't really thinking, and gave Alistair the killing blow on Loghain. Which ruined the planned marriage. I hadn't hardened Alistair, so I let Anora be the sole ruler. I was a little annoyed at myself for backing ...
by Nightmare
Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:56 am
Forum: Mass Effect Series
Topic: What do you think of the game? (spoiler)
Replies: 27
Views: 6690

The more I think about it, the more I get disappointed with how they end the game. The entire plot is based around stopping the Collector's take humans, and then...they're taking them because they need them to build some giant Terminator Reaper Machine? And now the reapers aren't just machines, they...
by Nightmare
Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:51 am
Topic: DLC Downloads
Replies: 2
Views: 1174

The armour won't appear in that news window in the menu. It will be available in-game, though.
by Nightmare
Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:34 am
Topic: What do you think of the game? (spoiler)
Views: 6690

Heh, where to start. I just finished the game, and I have thoughts aplenty. I could honestly just copy + paste paragraphs from what other people have said since most of my thoughts have been covered, but I'll just go through all of it bit by bit. Be warned, it's long. To clarify, I do like the first...
by Nightmare
Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:33 am
Topic: Mechanics of Suicide Mission Explained (Spoilers)
Replies: 4
Views: 3064

I was a bit surprised when Mordin died for me, since he was loyal and I figured that would be enough. As for the HOLD THE LINE squad though...don't recall. Maybe I'll just take him with me next time.
by Nightmare
Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:30 am
Topic: Your Mass Effect 2 ending *MAJOR SPOILERS*
Views: 8060

Transfered a male level 49 Soldier from ME1, having romanced Liara, saved the Council, generally was completely Paragon, except when people crossed me. In the second game, switched the character to an Inflitrator and made EVERYONE loyal. Romanced Miranda, since I like the actress a lot. Did almost a...
by Nightmare
Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:22 pm
Forum: Tech Support
Topic: Quality Freeware List
Replies: 54
Views: 8537

Hiren's Boot CD (This is a goldmine. It contains a bunch of useful applications under these categories: Partition Tools, Backup Tools, Recovery Tools, Testing Tools, RAM Testing Tools, Hard-Disk Tools, System Information Tools, Master Boot Record Tools, BIOS/CMOS Tools, Multimedia Tools, Password T...
by Nightmare
Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:02 pm
Topic: nods to BG2 (spoilers probable)
Replies: 11
Views: 2919

I'd say that Oghren is just like Korgan, or rather what he would have been like in his youth. :laugh: ... As for Shale, I'd have to say that he reminds me a lot of Edwin. Both of them seethe with sarcasm. I was going to say, Oghren has a good bit of Korgan in him. As for Shale, he's more like HK-47...
by Nightmare
Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:57 pm
Topic: Most funny moments in ME2? (SPOILERS!)
Replies: 18
Views: 6356

Xandax wrote:The existence of a Space Hamster. That bought a laugh out for me.

Just got past that part yesterday, got some good enjoyment out it. Especially since it had "a knowing smile". :cool:
by Nightmare
Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:36 pm
Forum: Speak Your Mind
Topic: Is the Pokemon series a RPG or something else
Replies: 34
Views: 5452

I actually do think the Pokemon games are RPGs, but they're JRPGs, not Western-style RPGs that this site generally covers. The combat isn't terribly different from earlier Final Fantasy games, and they are linear and mostly choice-free, a lot like the Final Fantasy games. I actually enjoy the games,...
by Nightmare
Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:54 am
Topic: Flemeth and Guilt? (spoilers!)
Replies: 22
Views: 6411

No guilt here. Never liked the old bat anyway. Plus, it was the quickest way to make Morrigan happy that I could think of. And making her happy was very important to my Warden at the time. Call it a character flaw. Is it right for me to be afraid that I essentially did the same thing in the game as...
by Nightmare
Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:15 pm
Forum: Icewind Dale
Topic: Install order for IWD1 Mods
Replies: 1
Views: 1238

I'm not entirely positive with most of them, but they probably don't matter all that much. The exception is the Tweak Pack (do it second last) and then do the Widescreen mod last.
by Nightmare
Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:57 pm
Topic: Starting anew or transferring save
Replies: 18
Views: 3038

In all... I think the perks are nice, but the personalized game play is a far better reason to import an ME1 character. Which is exactly what I quickly discovered when I started a new game. Spoilers [SPOILER]The fact that, five minutes in, the game starts with you having let the Council die in the ...