Dark Souls opinions?

This forum is to be used for discussion about any RPG, RPG hybrid, or MMORPG that doesn't have its own forum.
GawainBS
Dark Souls opinions?

Postby GawainBS » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:22 pm

It's 50% off on Steam, so I'm tempted to get this. Has anyone played it? What's your opinion about it? I can only find reviews on popular gamesites, and those are generally crap.

Kipi

Postby Kipi » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:49 pm

GawainBS wrote:It's 50% off on Steam, so I'm tempted to get this. Has anyone played it? What's your opinion about it? I can only find reviews on popular gamesites, and those are generally crap.

It's hard, almost frustrating to play. Not a bad game, based on the short time I played it. The only real complain I have had so far is the inclusion of "multiplayer" visit; you can pay a brief visit to someone's else session and they can do the same to your session. Several times I was slaughtered by someone way more powerful than I was, which is annoying since the penalty of death is quite harsh. The main reason I stopped playing it, though I have been considering to restart just for the sake of reviewing it...

EDIT:
Oh, and I really suggest to use controller (if you have one). The mouse/keyboard controls aren't the best ones, controller is a better choice...
"As we all know, holy men were born during Christmas...
Like mr. Holopainen over there!"
[color="Red"]- Marco Hietala, the bass player of Nightwish[/color]

GawainBS

Postby GawainBS » Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks. That multiplayer aspect is enough to not get it. Thanks for pointing it out!

Glizz

Postby Glizz » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:28 am

My friend is huge fan of Dark Souls - he told that it's one of the hardest games he ever played.