options wont work

This forum is to be used for all discussions pertaining to Troika Games' Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura.
User avatar
electroD10
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:25 am
Location: ireland
Contact:
options wont work

Postby electroD10 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:29 am

hey all , my problem is , when i start game and click on options the game just turns off , any solutions ?

User avatar
TwoHandedSword
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 4:49 pm
Location: That would be telling!
Contact:

Postby TwoHandedSword » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:29 am

Have you tried an uninstall and fresh reinstall? Are you installing from an official game CD, or from a 'cracked' or downloaded version?
Speak softly, and carry a big stick. Or better yet: a big, sharp blade. :D

User avatar
electroD10
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:25 am
Location: ireland
Contact:

Postby electroD10 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:22 pm

TwoHandedSword wrote:Have you tried an uninstall and fresh reinstall? Are you installing from an official game CD, or from a 'cracked' or downloaded version?


official but got the fixed exe and i cracked it also , just cuz iam lazy putting the cd in and out

User avatar
ManWithNoName
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Postby ManWithNoName » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:51 pm

Check if options are working on fresh install. Also it may be problem with game edition (by that i mean dvd edition, which tends to be buggy).

User avatar
electroD10
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:25 am
Location: ireland
Contact:

Postby electroD10 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:06 pm

ManWithNoName wrote:Check if options are working on fresh install. Also it may be problem with game edition (by that i mean dvd edition, which tends to be buggy).


ok ill reinstall but i need fixed exe cuz the game does not run , o and does anybody know a solution to this - when i put the arcanum down and back up the game goes pixalated and pink , and turning it of and on and of wont work

User avatar
ManWithNoName
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:17 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Postby ManWithNoName » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:31 pm

electroD10 wrote:ok ill reinstall but i need fixed exe cuz the game does not run , o and does anybody know a solution to this - when i put the arcanum down and back up the game goes pixalated and pink , and turning it of and on and of wont work


As far as Im concerned there's no solution to that (had similar problem but couldn't find the solution).

User avatar
electroD10
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:25 am
Location: ireland
Contact:

Postby electroD10 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:09 pm

ManWithNoName wrote:As far as Im concerned there's no solution to that (had similar problem but couldn't find the solution).


wat did you do? just not put down the game?