I know we already have a set of general board rules, but we thought it would be a good idea to clarify some points and remind people of the rules. Some of these are SYM specific, others are just reminders for the entire board. If you have questions or feel that an addition is needed let us know and we’ll look at it.
1) Posting external links: Whenever posting external links be sure of their content, we don't want anything that would be deemed inappropriate. If you are unsure about whether it is appropriate PM a mod and we will make a judgment. Also when posting external links give a description of what it features. Please remember that links to porn, illegal software and the like will result in immediate action and possibly a loss of your posting privileges. This also includes advertising for your web site or links to sites for personal profit. These will result in your being banned.
2) Keep the spam relevant. By this we mean make it entertaining or at least sociable. Not just nonsense such as "Spam is good" or counting down to landmark posts. These sorts of posts will be deleted. Also please don’t spam topics in which the poster has requested no spam.
3) Refrain from posting comments that are offensive to members of the opposite sex. Wherever possible do not engage in overly lewd comments towards anyone. There is no reason to make anyone feel uncomfortable while posting in SYM.
4) Be respectful of other people’s creed and religious beliefs. Posting comments that are racist will not be tolerated. Also general statements proclaiming that one religion or culture is better than another won’t be tolerated. If there is a specific aspect of that culture or religion that you wish to discuss, you may do so but be prepared to provide sources and logical rationales. Threads that persistently violate this will be closed. If there is an attempt by one person to agitate other members or to try to get a thread closed by their behavior, that person will be warned or lose their posting privileges.
5) If you have a problem with a specific member or their conduct then PMing them is a better alternative than insulting them publicly. It makes our job easier and the situation is more likely to be sorted out if done in private. If you wish you could ask one of the moderators to mediate the conversation, this might also be a good alternative.
6) Trolling (saying something designed to start an argument or offend people) won’t be tolerated either. Members who violate this will be banned.
7) Again, please refrain from swearing, trying to avoid the filter i.e. “!” for “i” etc. won’t be tolerated. The only exception to this is a genuine word such as the film director Alfred Hitchc0ck, etc.
This applies to emoticons or smilies as well. No obscene gestures, words etc.
8) If you need to report a post or forum violation please use the report link or email/pm a moderator directly. Buck is very busy and if the mods can take care of the problem notify them instead. If you have a problem or question with a moderators decision, please email or pm them directly. Starting a thread about it or complaining in the forums is not the way to make a point. We are all willing to discuss our rationale if asked.
9)Polls: These will be treated as other posts. Please make them purposeful, or refrain from starting them. Silly or useless polls will be removed.
10) Multiple accounts or member names:
These are illegal on this forum. If you are caught using an alter ego or second name you will lose posting privileges.
These rules are designed to keep the forums fun for everyone. Please respect them.
If you wish to comment on this thread you can do so here
as a bonus for those who read the rules... SYM photo album and Comments for photo thread
Comments for photo thread v.2