GameBanshee Previews

This forum is for discussion between GameBanshee's editors.
Brother None
GameBanshee Previews

Postby Brother None » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:56 am

So how does this work, exactly? Does GameBanshee get preview copies or do you write previews based on press showings/clip its.

Currently I have access to some of the latter, namely Fallout 3 and Drakensang, but then the well is dry. I didn't view much more at GC, though I would've if I'd known I'd end up here, as Legend:HoG and the Witcher had big showings, as well as Hyborian Age's huge press room.

So how now?
GameBanshee, your resource for all things RPG
No Mutants Allowed, your Fallout resource
"Those who say they give the public what it wants begin by underestimating public taste and end by debauching it" T.S. Eliot

BuckGB

Postby BuckGB » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:07 am

We get preview copies from time to time, but they're fairly rare. Most of the previews we've done in the past are based on what's been seen at E3 or what we've learned through interviews or other existing content. Previews based on existing content should probably be labeled something different ("first look" or "overview"), but we've just called them previews up until now.

Brother None

Postby Brother None » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:39 pm

Well, I got permission from both covering sites do another piece of GameBanshee. I'll pen them up somewhere next week.

It's gonna be tougher after that. I can hardly afford to travel cross-country for previews and the like all the time, how do you imagine we'll do it after this?

PS: boo on deleting my newspost, boo! :P
GameBanshee, your resource for all things RPG
No Mutants Allowed, your Fallout resource
"Those who say they give the public what it wants begin by underestimating public taste and end by debauching it" T.S. Eliot

BuckGB

Postby BuckGB » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:17 pm

Good to hear. And sorry about deleting your newspost, I'm still adjusting to having another person posting news at the same time as I am =\.

For future months, we should probably try to do 2 interviews and 1 preview. If we don't have a way to actually check out preview code, then we can label them "first look" or something like that and base them on what information the publisher/developer has released to date.

You can also subsidize a preview with a review, if there are any games you feel like picking up over the next few months.