The skills you develop determine your character's attributes. Magic weapons,
armor, or other items you've equipped can also (positively or
negatively) affect your character's attributes. Attributes are shown in blue
if they are increased due to a magic item and are shown in red if they
- Strength determines a character's physical power. Strength increases
with melee skill. It lets you use larger weapons and wear heavier
armor, and it provides a damage bonus during melee combat. Some
armor and weapons require that you have a certain level of Strength
before the character can use the item.
- Dexterity determines a character's agility and aiming accuracy. Dexterity
increases with ranged skill. It lets you aim weapons more
accurately and provides an armor bonus.
- Intelligence determines a character's mental aptitude. Intelligence
increases when you use Nature magic and Combat magic spells and
lets you draw mental energy from a larger pool of mana when you
cast spells. Some items require that you have higher Intelligence to
- Melee Damage shows the minimum/maximum damage infl icted when
you attack with the currently equipped melee weapon. This value is
based on your Strength and the equipped weapon's damage rating.
- Ranged Damage shows the minimum/maximum damage infl icted
when you attack with the currently equipped ranged weapon. This
value is based on the ranged weapon's damage rating.
- Armor Rating shows your resistance to damage in battle before health
declines. The higher this value, the more damage you can absorb.